P.G Classics Reproduction mirrors

-

340 swinger

Reaction score
Hi, I reciently purchased a pair of mirrors for my 70 swinger from P.G Classics. They seem fine enough but are totally different than what is currently on my car. They said it was for a 70 swinger but although similiar they are different. Mine are 4" long at the base with two external screws holding them to the door. These new ones are 2 5/8" at the base with one screw and the other is a stud installed from inside the door panel. Screw holes are not even close to lining up. So which ones are wrong? I should have taken one off and brought it with me when I picked up the new ones, (P.G is a 2 hour drive from my house), but I didn't. I flipped through their catalogue but didn't see any mirrors that look like mine.

My 71 has the mirror with the Stud. Can you post a picture of what was on your car ?

Hey Bud, you do not have factory mirrors on your car. 67 Mirrors mount forward on the door and 68 to 76 mount in the same location. The base will be less than three inches long, have a 3/16 stud about an inch and a half long with a single 7/16 nut and this will be toward the front of the base and will be mounted to go through the door top with no access to the nut from the top. The rear of the base will have a hole for a 1/8 inch sheet metal screw that can be tightened from the outside of the door. This is standard on your car. There should also be a 5/8th inch hole between the two holes for a remote cable if the car has deluxe mirrors. Post a pic or two of what you have there.
Chas.

-
Back