P/S Brackets

-

67dart_drop_top

Reaction score
Can yall post some pictures of your power steering brackets on your car. I cannot remember exactly how they go. It is almost funny because I have the power steering bolted to the block, but I have a I bracket left over. I have had a nut or bolt left over but never a whole big piece. LOL!

I am not exaggerating when I say I have Googled this for more than four hours.

I have gotten some excellent pictures of 318s with power steering and a/c, but my brackets are different. A few of the pics came from this site. That is how I found you guys.

Some of the engines show a bolt going into the block right above a freeze plug, but I do not have a hole there. Some of the engines are from different years.

Any and all pictures would be helpful, but I have a 69 318 motor, and I really would like to put it back together (correctly-LOL).

The first pic highlights a "pulley/wheel???" that I am sure is out of place. It just fits there, and I was experimenting.:-?

The second picture highlights how I conneted the P/S pump to the engine. I thought I was supposed to use the bracket from the next photo???:disgust:

The third photo is a bracket that either:

1. came from the car when I removed the pump
2. jumped off of one of my other hot rods and wanted a new home
3. fell from the sky and bounced into my garage#-o

I have seen many pics of said bracket, but none that seems to work on my setup. If this is part of the alternator side, I am going to be shocked.

The "pulley/wheel" is something I have not seen in any of my Googling adventures.:dontknow:

Thanks for any help guys and or girls. I sure would like to know how good my new A/C compressor is going to work. (All the other stuff was taken off to detail the engine and bay).

318 1.jpg

318 4.jpg

318 7.jpg

-
Back