P7 mopar nascar block

-
I know the R5/P7 was NASCAR. The guy I got the P7 heads from use to go to NC to NASCAR auctions all the time and buy this stuff. He use to buy out complete teams. It was nothing for him to come back with10-30 9" ford third members with all kinds of strange gear ratio's. And every one of them had a Detroit Locker.

Not to completely hi jack, but, go to YouTube. Type in MOPAR Pro Stock Chrysler Australia. You can see the R4/P5 in action. They're limited to 400 c.i. If someone can post the link, go for it. I'm too stupid.

Not to completely hi jack, but, go to YouTube. Type in MOPAR Pro Stock Chrysler Australia. You can see the R4/P5 in action. They're limited to 400 c.i. If someone can post the link, go for it. I'm too stupid.

And they are using that block? I've seen some pictures of the stuff Bob Book was building for that and I don't remember him using a skirted block for that.

I would like to caution anyone looking to build one....know your **** before you dive in. It may seem simple, but it's not. You can pretty much consider any of these engines to be one off prototypes. R9=R9....no way!

These things changed almost daily. If you do not have parts from the same batch...you have scrap metal. There's shops all over with 90% complete RAW5789 engines. From day one it was an issue. From DLMs, 358 Mods, trucks, Ect, it didn't matter. Piles of mismatched parts, and no support or direction. I personally know of two occasions where Mopar sponsored dirt cars were running GM engines. They simply could not put together a running engine with the parts available to them. Truthfully I'm surprised that the Nascar guys did as well as they did. They must've been scrambling too waiting for parts. The timing cover always seemed to be the missing link. I didn't run them, but was surrounded by them in the pits.

Damn, I think I ended up with one of those weird $500 Arrow timing covers at one time. D shaped water ports? I seen those heads for $600 a pair on ebay years ago. The kicker was the price of the rest of the motor. Like the heads were the cheapest thing to buy!

I would like to caution anyone looking to build one....know your **** before you dive in. It may seem simple, but it's not. You can pretty much consider any of these engines to be one off prototypes. R9=R9....no way!

These things changed almost daily. If you do not have parts from the same batch...you have scrap metal. There's shops all over with 90% complete RAW5789 engines. From day one it was an issue. From DLMs, 358 Mods, trucks, Ect, it didn't matter. Piles of mismatched parts, and no support or direction. I personally know of two occasions where Mopar sponsored dirt cars were running GM engines. They simply could not put together a running engine with the parts available to them. Truthfully I'm surprised that the Nascar guys did as well as they did. They must've been scrambling too waiting for parts. The timing cover always seemed to be the missing link. I didn't run them, but was surrounded by them in the pits.

Yep. The 1/2 mile paved oval in Portland Oregon went to dirt in the late 90's I think. Could have been the early 00's though.

Anyway, they brought in all the big time heroes and Dodge had at least one car.

After the show I walked over to the pits to see the car, and it was GM powered. I shook my head and walked off.

Yep. The 1/2 mile paved oval in Portland Oregon went to dirt in the late 90's I think. Could have been the early 00's though.

Anyway, they brought in all the big time heroes and Dodge had at least one car.

After the show I walked over to the pits to see the car, and it was GM powered. I shook my head and walked off.
Yup. Even though they were basically GM SB2 engines it still seemed funny. Those giant corporate blue and white Mopar haulers dragging in cars with Hendrick valve covers.

Dang... been there a few times in '94 and '95 when it was still paved. Good times!

It was much better paved than dirt. I forget the name of the guy who was the promoter that did that. I thought it was dumb. I'm not fond of dirt in my beer. And everything else.

That place is now a freaking parking lot for semi trailers. What a waste.

We have virtually the twin track to that in Yakima. And the dolts on the Yakima city council are doing their best to shut that track down. Retards.

The valve train can be a little tricky, a lot of the teams did different things with it and a lot of the rocker arms are custom. I am in the process of trying to match rockers to stands etc myself.
Most people will only buy them as complete running engines, a few brave people will build them from parts.

Seems cheap for a block....but about all it's good for is a fresh water boat anchor. Warren Buffet might be able to afford to build one from scratch! :eek: :rolleyes:

One thing I noticed when selling on Facebook is that I would get messages asking for lots of “additional pictures” of an item. They’re asking for those so they can run scam ads and have lots of pictures to make it seem legit. Unfortunately, I don’t think you can trust anyone you don’t know personally anymore.
U nailed it they steal your photos then post ads on FB market place and rip folks off !!!
I know because I had it done to me last week !

Those engines are run in dirt mod by a Ford guy in MN. Uses the cast off parts to build a 800hp engine for half the price of a Ford/Andy Durham engine...

-
Back