Status
Not open for further replies.

j061093409

1970 Dart Swinger 340 Reg
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for mint rear package tray cardboard with speaker/defogger grates. Prefer black but will look at others. In Hartford, CT
Call/text 860-414-8434

2C67C08D-5D55-481C-BD64-ACEFFF5975F6.jpeg

The Repop part from R.E.M is 1/2 short & so is Legendary item as listed on restoration page of 1972 Canadian Special by Danny in Alberta. That is why I am looking for unmolested original part. Anyone have measurements on the Classic part?

Short end closest to window 1/2” shorter
This is in my driver Dart, so not a real problem
The speaker grates are also not same dimensions as original

EA4AF3B4-2E21-4EA8-9B45-FF3FFA0421AA.jpeg

I will test fit mine and see what it looks like. Not sure but I may even have an original kicking around that I can compare it to.

Just to throw out some other viable options if you are not set on "original" appearing replacements. I substituted the broken down carton/cardboard/fiber pieces on my project cars with stainless steel (package self/rear seat divider/glove compartment). A local stainless steel fabricator who makes restaurant kitchen sinks/counters took care of my special needs. Shipping the flimsy new restoration pieces to Mexico from the USA would have been more expensive than fabricating the steel pieces here.

DSC00314.JPG

DSC00559.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

DSC04596.JPG

DSC05532.JPG

I like the glove box. I always use the plastic ones from the later years because those cardboard ones are crap.

Did you check out the reproductions from ECS Automotive? They were the only ones that had it for my 70 Cuda with speaker cutouts exactly the same as my original. Same number of rows of cutouts and size.

Yep, mine is a little short too. Im pretty sure the sail panel boards fold down under it and will cover the exposed area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back