Painless Harness

-

abodybill

Reaction score
Has anybody put a Painless Dash harness in a stock dash/car?

All I want to do is get this car back together for my son and right now all it needs is the dash harness.

Looking in year1 man $600 and right now I can't go that way.

I seen on there web site about the dash harness and just wonder if its for a race car or not and what P/N for the stock one.

Any help will be appreciated for this project.

Just keep in mind this is a stock 340 car with stock dash.

Thanks,

Painless has a "muscle car" one, and a race car one. Ive heard alot of good things about them.

If all you are trying to do is the under dash harness do not use our harness. It is to rewire the whole car. You will be better going through Year One and getting a replacement underdash harness.

you can get any harness you need from evans,,,i think you send them yours,,and they copy it and add what ever you need to it,, i have seen other guys on this site and other sites using there harness,,they look great, im not sure if evans has new terminals or if they use yours,they advertise in the mopar magazines,,, mopar colectoors guide for sure,,i dont have one here at the moment to give you there phone number,,,maybe you can google them,,,and compare there price to year 1..or maybe put a wanted add on the mopar sites for a good used harness,,,some one im sure is parting out a car some where on these sites,, not sure what you have,,,,

the problem with ALL the after market wiring is they DO NOT use the factory mopar plugs,or mopar color code,they only know how to do it for a GM,,,
im soon going to rewire my entire car using a ron francis harness,,

another way you can fix your harness, classiccarwiring.com ( 917 ) 861-9131
can mail you a beautiful laminated,correct color coded wiring diagram,to hlep you remake your one harnes,,,very easy to read,all you need is the terminals,,
hope this helps you

the problem with ALL the after market wiring is they DO NOT use the factory mopar plugs,or mopar color code,they only know how to do it for a GM,,,
im soon going to rewire my entire car using a ron francis harness,,

Actually we do have a harness that uses the Mopar color code. Its part number 10127 Universal Mopar Harness. It does include headlight pigtails, typical Mopar headlight switch connector and a block off plate to cover the original bulkhead connector opening and is drilled for the grommet to feed the wiring to the forward portion of the car. We are still working on making a more specific harness but are limited by the availability of connectors as is the problem with everyone.

wel thanks for the info,, last time i talked with a painless rep,, it was at englishtown nj, it was just a completly universal kit,,ide be very intrested in hearing what you have to offer,before i purchase a kit,,,i have a prostreet car,,,so im not worried about orignal type plugs,except on the altenator,dual field mopar,but those plugs are easy to come by, car has electric fuel pump,electric back up fan,ill be ising H-4 head lite bulbs, so ill need a relay for that and the pump and fan,, i will get after market head lite switch and use my wiper circuit,i want to keep my factory key switch,so your harness wil have to match up to that ,,not using any after market fork lift switch,,
msd ignition,, e mail me if you have some in fo please,,,

[email protected] nice to see after market companys taking intrest on a car site,,,

BJS,
What do you mean when you say ours is for the whole car?

Engine compartment and under dash?

Or more?

Also the one ya said about having all the Mopar terminals.

All I want to do is get this nice little 340 Dart Sport on the road we are not looking at a trailer Queen or a concorse car.

Fastfish,
I know Bill very well and have some of his harnesses in my cars now.

Only problem I have is I don't have any dash harness now.

Thanks all for much help,

I am currently working on a 1970 Duster and have looked in to the variety of wiring harnesses available for this vehicle. Year One is going to be the main provider of a factory harness because they bought up the patents for Chrysler wiring. Even if you were to contact the company that makes the harnesses, which I tried to do, they tell you that you have to go through Year One. The other thing is, in a Chrysler under dash harness, there are different circuits. Example: you may have the main circuit and if you have an AC circuit, that is a separate circuit. That is a separate harness that has to be ordered. The harnesses are made to order. This is what I found out in the process of rewiring my car. Hopefully that helps.

bill,, put a wanted add on this site and any other mopar site you go to for a used wiring harness,,,some one some place it parting out a car,,,,

or check with evans,,,tell him you can get a copy of the wiring see what they say good luck

I have a stock harness from a 72 dart its never been tampered with and would work great for you as long as you dont need a ralley harness can send pics if interested wires in great shape nothing cracked or burned

fstfish66,

Way ahead on that as I got one in on the 19th of this month and nothing on it yet.

Will give Bill acall this week and see what he has to say.

78kitcar,
send me pictures of what ya have.

Again,

Thanks and just maybe I can get this car on the road for the son.

BJS,
What do you mean when you say ours is for the whole car?

Engine compartment and under dash?

Or more?

Also the one ya said about having all the Mopar terminals.

All I want to do is get this nice little 340 Dart Sport on the road we are not looking at a trailer Queen or a concorse car.

This harness will cover you from the head lights to the tail lights and everything in between. Here is a link to the instal manual. We are in the process of redoing the manual right now but will give you a good idea.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/Manuals/90542Manual.pdf

-
Back