Painless or EZ

-
Turn signal switch came from the dealer. Ign. Switch from napa, ign pig tail from mancini, regulator pig tail from rock auto, neutral safety switch pig tail I forget. I'll have to look up where I got that.

damn joe u went crazy...i did get an EZ wire 12 circuit mini fuse for my car for $190 at a swap meet...im starting to think i shoulda done more research about american auto wire....damn...lol

damn joe u went crazy...i did get an EZ wire 12 circuit mini fuse for my car for $190 at a swap meet...im starting to think i shoulda done more research about american auto wire....damn...lol

only wanted to do it once and i wanted it to handle anything i ever wanted to put in the car..

its all protected by a mega fuse. i also have a hidden battery disconnect solenoid.

Dang Joe!

Have you ever thought about making a complete car wiring thread from start to finish?

Nice work!

i would of but i wasn't allowed to post any pictures of it until after the magazine came out.. now there's a bunch of stuff i'm sure i have forgotten...

really i just installed the kit as per the directions and adapted the mopar sections. the drawings i posted earlier is about all i did different then the directions.

here are a few pics of us installing it.. its pretty brief though.. http://www.automotiverewire.com/Navagation/Joes71Dart.htm

i would of but i wasn't allowed to post any pictures of it until after the magazine came out.. now there's a bunch of stuff i'm sure i have forgotten...

really i just installed the kit as per the directions and adapted the mopar sections. the drawings i posted earlier is about all i did different then the directions.

here are a few pics of us installing it.. its pretty brief though.. http://www.automotiverewire.com/Navagation/Joes71Dart.htm

Ok ok that will work.

Great information on your wiring project, very timely and helpful!
I am about 2 weeks away from rewiring my 71 Demon.

Looks like I will go with the Highway 15 kit as I don't have a/c and will keep it very basic.

I have one quick question on the P/N for the pigtail for the voltage regulator?

I see many numbers on the photo of the part, but none come up for me.

vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]

Thanks for all of your effort and expertise in this area..James

Got the regulator pigtail from rock auto.

Goto 71 dodge dart. Then electrical... Then electrical connectors. You'll see it there.

I would post the like but can't figure it out on my phone right now.

I wish I had rewired my car when it was all apart. Maybe after some time I can save money and redo one day.

Just ordered my kit, check ebay there is a kit for under 300 and amazon where I got mine for 327. I got the Highway 15 series.

Ok. I have a question. If you have to do the same amount of work to wire in a new harness as would a used harness, what's the advantage of buying a kit?

I used, used because of cost. $40 bucks got me a grandma's fury, entire, bumper to bumper wires and "accessories". For granted, I spent an 2 hours pulling it and its needs to be modified.

So what is the advantage of a new wiring kit? Is it better?

So what is the advantage of a new wiring kit?

Material that is forty years newer, clean fresh brass connections, soft crack free insulation, better wire sizing as Mopar tended to go on the small side, and you can install more fusing and relays.

Material that is forty years newer, clean fresh brass connections, soft crack free insulation, better wire sizing as Mopar tended to go on the small side, and you can install more fusing and relays.

not to mention you can upgrade your alt. without worrying about frying everything. i got a 21 circuit kit so i could run elec. fan, seats, fuel pump, stereo, etc. and needed a bigger alt. to handle all of it. i got a 140 amp alt. and won't lose any sleep over the possibility of old wires melting.

not to mention you can upgrade your alt. without worrying about frying everything. i got a 21 circuit kit so i could run elec. fan, seats, fuel pump, stereo, etc. and needed a bigger alt. to handle all of it. i got a 140 amp alt. and won't lose any sleep over the possibility of old wires melting.

shoot I got the highway 15 kit and I have electric fans and HIDS, Im going to wire them exactly like I did before, but hopefully I will still be fine. The only other thing I think I will add with electric pull is a moroso water pump drive and the nitrous kit, but I believe thats all.

Since the fuse box doesn't come pre-wired, can I just use the wire and fuse spot in the box for the A/c for the fans instead?

No heater, no A/c, no raido, no power windows

Just saving this thread... Thanks for all the lists and pics joe...

Joe

If you are short on bucks the EZ Wire kits work well. I have wired 2 cars with their kit and I am getting ready to do my third one. If you have the money there are several great option out there. But there is nothing about the quality of the EZ kit that will let you down or burn up your car. That is up to you and the quality of your electrical work.

Good luck,
Mike

-
Back