Painless wiper switch wiring query

-

synchro66

Reaction score
I'm replacing my original 2 speed OEM wiper switch ( broken) with a Painless unit. I'm assuming ...W =washer B=Power. So does 1 =Park 2=Low and 3=High. If so how does the switch earth??. The original had a tang on the side which earthed onto the dash
Wiper switch.jpeg

Is that switch supposed to be specifically for a 2 speed Mopar? It might not be compatible

Its a universal 2 speed switch. which sells thru local mopar resto parts reseller Ive figured out all the numbers on there, ..just wanting to know how it grounds??

You would have to compare continuity to your old switch. As I said, It may not be compatible. You have to look up your specific setup in a service manual, there is a section back in the text section of section 8 for many years of the manuals. You have have to refer to a manual a year or two earlier or later to get what you need. There is usually a simplified diagram, and a sort of truth table and troubleshooting guide fo rthe motor

When will people learn that "painless" wiring is actually far from it especially when not dealing with a damn Chevy.....

-
Back