painless wireing

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
My 69 dart front engine and forward light harness is toast.I have standerd ing so i am going to electroinic ing.has anybody had problims with painless wireing,is this a good harness ,Who else selles harness.My old harness is too cut up to save.

Personal I like the American auto wire but it and painless should be about the same quality wise, it just personal preference.

Year one has forward light/engine harnesses that are exact repro's for original but at $180+ they aren't cheap.

I have just completed a complete re-wiring of my 68Cuda with a Painless Pro-street kit and am very pleased with the quality of the kit. I have done a lot of custom design on the wiring to hopefully improve the electrical supply and properly control my 140 amp alt, but it all worked with the painless kit.

Painless is real good. But very expensive I thought. I would shop around you'll get what you need. I'm sure they all are about the same in quality.

Year One's harnesses are a different animal from Painless's. A Year One harness is a duplicate of the factory wiring with the same connectors and everything. The Painless wiring kits are simply pre labeled wire with a couple generic connectors, some splice connectors, and what looks like an OEM late model fuse / relay module. So it would be more work to install and you'll often need to reuse the connectors from your harnesses. There are a couple other shops that sell kits like Painless's, and it is something you could piece together on your own with some research (other than the custom labeling, which is a bit hard to find economically in small runs).

One other note: Some of the kits do cut corners in quality. TXL or GXL wiring is high temperature stuff for engine compartment use; there are some parts out there that skimp and use cheaper general purpose wiring rated for lower temperatures. Most of the wiring spools you see at parts stores are the cheap stuff.

Year One's harnesses are a different animal from Painless's. A Year One harness is a duplicate of the factory wiring with the same connectors and everything. The Painless wiring kits are simply pre labeled wire with a couple generic connectors, some splice connectors, and what looks like an OEM late model fuse / relay module. So it would be more work to install and you'll often need to reuse the connectors from your harnesses. There are a couple other shops that sell kits like Painless's, and it is something you could piece together on your own with some research (other than the custom labeling, which is a bit hard to find economically in small runs).

One other note: Some of the kits do cut corners in quality. TXL or GXL wiring is high temperature stuff for engine compartment use; there are some parts out there that skimp and use cheaper general purpose wiring rated for lower temperatures. Most of the wiring spools you see at parts stores are the cheap stuff.

Hit the nail on the head. I have done harnesses from almost every company out there. The year one harnesses are plug and play and EXACT. You can then add your electronic ignition to it. All others are universal.

i am probably gonna use EZ. http://www.ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html

i had the same question and the ez looks like the best quality. its universal but cheper. and the instals on others cars look amazing. check out this thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=52302

The ez is cheaper because it is made in china, it also isn't labeled every 3in like the American auto and the painless. (both made in America) Thier wire isn't fire retardant as well, and can't handle as much voltage.

ya. its labled every 5" so close. i didnt know that others were fire retated lol so that would be sweet. i like to stay with american made stuff also so i will pbobably do more research. it dose look good tho and the instals look good. but its the inside of the wire that matters lol

-
Back