Painless Wiring Harness for 73 Dart Swinger

-

73SwingerBuild

Reaction score
I'm in the process of completely tearing apart and resto-moding my 73 dart swinger. I may or may not run an electric fuel pump, and I've considered an electric fan set-up, as well as an electric water pump... but again, it's all still in the design phase.. Car is stripped clean inside and out.

Has anybody installed a painless wiring harness (12 circuit) like the one offered in summit? (#10127, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRF-10127/)

I can only imagine that it would work perfect, but I just wanted some user input.

Thanks

in process of doing same one now. bad was it dosent come with any of the jumper wires all over, grounds or, wiper harness, electrical ignition wires/plugs or blower motor wires.

Are the wires laid out well (labeled, terminated, etc)? This will be my first rewiring of an entire car. Don't wanna get in over my head.

almost finished with mine now. will cost you extra you will need to get, electronic ignition wires plus the connector, neutral safety wires plus the connector, voltage regulator wires with connector also unless you splice into your old which defeats yhe purpose of a new harness in my opinion. Then you will need to make your own harness for the wiper motor, blower motor and run all of your own grounds including the grounds for the dome light and I would recomend using the big wire for optional altenator wire from the alttenator directly to your voltage meter since the painless harness came with a 16ga wire for this. Other than that if you have a good diagram that you understand your good to go after you get extra wire and connectors!

i went with the american auto wire highway 22 in my dart. it has relays built in for a fuel pump and a fan plus circuits just about anything you would need. real nice kit. for the wipers and heat we rebuilt the stock connectors, ran new wire all the way to each bulb in the car, rebuilt every light socket in the car. like stated i bought a new neutral safety switch pig tail, new voltage reg pig tail and electronic ign. pig tail. everything is crimped and or solidered properly,heat shrinked everything, tons of grounds and greased every connection. i also used weather pack connectors all over the place instead of the stock style connections for stuff like the tail lights and side marker lights.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

rebuilt wiper plugs..
DSC_0106.jpg

went tot he gm style turn signal connector..
DSC_9161.jpg

DSC_9165.jpg

light sockets all cleaned,greased and rebuilt.
DSC_9266.jpg

DSC_9302.jpg

DSC_9305.jpg

abodyjoe - do you have the link for the american autowire kit for your dart. and do you think it will fix for a 67 4dr valiant??

abodyjoe - do you have the link for the american autowire kit for your dart. and do you think it will fix for a 67 4dr valiant??

http://www.americanautowire.com/highway.html

i got the 22. yes it will fit a 4 door. what is nice is they give ya quite a bit of extra wire. you can ask for a trunk kit too which gives ya longer wire yet. i would have loved to stash the fuse box in the trunk but i was affraid of beating the hell out of it with all the crap i have in my trunk..lol

its a very complete kit but you will still need wire and connectors to adapt it to you specific car. it doesn't come with the weather packs or anything like that. i also had to buy the terminals to rebuild some of the original connectors that i anted to keep.

its more a street rod kit but adapted very easily to my car. go here http://www.automotiverewire.com/Navagation/documents.htm and scroll to the 71 dart page. they are the diagrams we made when wiring my car for the ign system, charging system ign switch wiring and turn signal wiring..

i just finfished my painless 14 circuit kit. Worked nice was fairly easy to install. if possible keep the plugs from the old harness so you can use it in the new one. if not you can find the plugs on ebay like i did
pm me if you have any questions

-
Back