Painless Wiring Harness Kit

-

Travis72dart

Reaction score
I bought a "Painless" wiring kit for my 72 Dart, Just wondering if anyone else has tired it out? Its a pretty nice kit but you have to somewhat know what your doing haha, we hooked it all up and have some minor problems, going to have someone come look at it soon.

Well heck, post details, we might be able ta help you right here

I bought a "Painless" wiring kit for my 72 Dart, Just wondering if anyone else has tired it out? Its a pretty nice kit but you have to somewhat know what your doing haha, we hooked it all up and have some minor problems, going to have someone come look at it soon.

Every try the Ron Francis harness? www.ronfrancis.com Pt # Xp-777. Gte a catalog an d check it out?

Ron
:prayer:

I already have the Painless Kit its a nice kit we just thought it would be a little more straight forward with the name haha. When we turn on the key the ballast overheats and starts smoking, everyone Ive told this to says its the gauge of wire but they give you all the wires with labels so that's not it. I have a mechanic friend coming to look at it next weekend though, all he does is wiring so all should be well. I'll let you guys know if it works. Wish me luck!

I have my demon about 3/4 of the way wired and have run into a few confusing problems but I got them figured out. not a bad kit though! Jared

i used a mopar 14 circuit kit on a 46 dodge truck...

there were some odd deals such as adding the VR wiring and some other stuff...

it really helps if you have the diagram for the model your working on...

as for the ballast frying did you hook the Ign I and Ign II (ballast bypass) on the same side? the brown wire should go from the ign switch to the coil side of the ballast, and VR and Ign I on the other...

, post details,

Oh, I said that already

Find out what all is hooked on the downstream side of your ballast

1 Pull the ECU connector off the ECU, and measure voltage on both sides of the ballast with the key in "run." If the voltage is same both sides, then the ECU is the only load

2 If the voltage is very low on one side of the ballast with the ECU unhooked, then you have something else hooked up that does not belong. Might be the regulator/ alternator field, or your ballast bypass circuit is hooked up wrong

IF YOU POST the model number of your harness, I might just be able to look it up.

Otherwise, I'll have to get the crowbar out

Alright awesome! Thanks guys! im going to be camping over the next few days but ill take a look when i get back and keep you posted. Thanks again.

its a blast i'll tell you... my fun was mating a GM column into a mopar system...

Attachments

• 100_5331.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 410
  • 100_5332.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 100_5338.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 423
That looks like it's gonna be a real Kool machine!

does the painless kit come with all the rear light sockets?? mine are rusted out and i do not want to spend 130.00 from year one. rather buy a complete kit. that being said what would i need to install a painless kit?

No it only comes with wires for the most part and essentials like the ballast and a few other switches.

After months of family bs we finally got back into doing wiring! Lights work all around working on dash today then it should be driving in acouple days

-
Back