painless wiring?

-
can some one tell me what to do with wire #991 Accessory Relay Ground #992 Accessory Relay Output #993 Accessory Relay Activation
http://www.painlesswiring.com/Manuals/10127.pdf

From what I can figure, you may not have it or need it.

See page 21, the chart:

j14jdh.jpg

and page 24, the diagram of the fuse panel

2mcw1s6.jpg

I'd get a meter and probe the relay socket and see if the wires in the chart don't go to the relay

I'd guess the 15A "accessory" fuse feeds the relay, probably hot with key off

According to the chart on pg 21

the yellow no 992 is power out of the relay when energized

the yellow/ blk no 993 needs power to energize the relay coil

the blk no 991 needs to be grounded to energize the relay coil

If this is the way it's wired, it's meant to be configurable for things like alarms or other things where you need "ground leg" switching. An example of the same type of circuit is your start relay -- the coil is supplied power in "Start" but only energizes if the neutral safety switch provides a ground, or in the case of a stick, the clutch is depressed.

thanks alot buddy your awsome:prayer: i was thinking i was missing some type of relay for the gauges or something... i got really con fused when i read (wire starting point) fuse panel (section of starting point) fuse panel???? what the %*$&...:banghead:

This is one reason I don't care for Painless and similar wire kits. They don't even bother giving you a diagram of the thing.

From what I can figure, you may not have it or need it.

See page 21, the chart:

j14jdh.jpg

and page 24, the diagram of the fuse panel

2mcw1s6.jpg

I'd get a meter and probe the relay socket and see if the wires in the chart don't go to the relay

I'd guess the 15A "accessory" fuse feeds the relay, probably hot with key off

According to the chart on pg 21

the yellow no 992 is power out of the relay when energized

the yellow/ blk no 993 needs power to energize the relay coil

the blk no 991 needs to be grounded to energize the relay coil

If this is the way it's wired, it's meant to be configurable for things like alarms or other things where you need "ground leg" switching. An example of the same type of circuit is your start relay -- the coil is supplied power in "Start" but only energizes if the neutral safety switch provides a ground, or in the case of a stick, the clutch is depressed.

wiring gives me a headache

1mean7Dart

I installed a painless harness in my 64. I call or email painless several times and got great customer service. Call them.

Bear

I was working with these same wire yesterday on my duster with a painless kit .i use them to trigger one of my electric fans on start up and the other fan comes on on temp.
To answer you question painless gives you 2 relays on the fuse block one is for horn and the other is a spare or as the label it optional(ACC).you can use it to trigger anything you want thru a relay.

-
Back