painless wiring

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
I have a wiring diagram and for the life of me I can't figure out where some of these wire's go and the customer service sucks. They had no idea what the wires where even if I told them what it said. So here's the list of wires I can't figure out where they go.
Left front turn signal (green)
left front turn signal hood ind (green)
left front marker (green)
right front marker (green)
right front turn signal (tan)
right left front turn signal hood ind (tan)
My wiring diagram shows one black/yellow wire and one green one for left turn signal and one black/yellow and green for right. Side markers show ground and black and yellow wire.

i have the diagram for my car. there is still extra wires in the painless system I dont know where they go. I know one tan one and one green one is used for turn signals, then the black and yellow ones is for side markers and go to turnsignal socket. That still leaves 3 green ones and a tan one :/

Dusters same as Valiant

For the record what year is your car?

And what is the part no. of your Painless harness?

Somehow I missed your last post.

Refer to the Painless pdf

The instrument indicators tie into the same wire as your front signal wires

I'm looking (in my viewer) page 12, a chart says "70-74 without tilt column", table 7.1

The factory TS switch wire colors on the left hook to the Painless harness colors and wire numbers at right

Then go to table 8.4B "Headlight section A" page 15

At the chart at the bottom, no 927, black, should be marker power. Aren't your wires numbered as well as colored?

Attachments

• column.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 180
  • front.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 198
  • tail1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 184
  • tail2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 183
  • last.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 175
but why does pictures show two bulbs for turn signals? makers and park lamps really just do same job? To just light up when you turn on lights?

but why does pictures show two bulbs for turn signals? makers and park lamps really just do same job? To just light up when you turn on lights?

It's a drawing from someone at Painless. Please don't ask me why Painless does something LOL

It's a generic drawing. From the label, looks like it's supposed to represent flashing markers, but that's not how flashing markers usually work.

Flashing markers are a trick, hope this is not too confusing. The way "you do" a flashing marker is, you need a marker with a two wire socket, IE a socket that is not grounded. You hook one wire to the front turn signal wire, and the other to the park light power. Here's how they work

With park lights off, and signal on, the markers flash along with the turn signals, as the markers are grounded through the park lights which are not powered.

With park lights ON, and signals OFF, the markers all light with the park lights and ground through the unpowered signal lamps.

With park lights ON, and signals ON, the markers flash "light" when the the turn signals are "dark" the opposite of the above situation.

-
Back