Painless wiring?

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey All. I am thinking of a winter porject for the car. its a long way from getting done but just thinking ahead. I want/need to replace the wiring. If I get the Painless wiring will I need to keep any of the old? I want to replace everything so no shorts or rubbed spots. I am also thinking after market gagues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

i just finished putting in the painless wiring kit into my valiant, i kept my old harness and all the wires just in case i needed them, i used a couple things from the old wiring, i suggest getting the kit made directly for dodge, i got the universal #50002 kit it was awesome just had to spend time making it apply to dodge, it comes with GM connectors. but dodge kit has all connectors ready to go, if you have any more questions feel free to message me

I would highly keeping your original harness (as well as any other parts during a resoration/restification) around until you are absolutely finsihed with your project. The Mopar kit does save you some time over the universal kit (unless you are building an early Mopar) but there are not provisions for such things like the second set of lights on dual headlight cars (ex. '71 Cudas, Challengers, etc.). You need to pirate small sections off the original harness. Good luck with your project and btw, we do have a resident Painless Wiring guru (who actually works for Painless) on the list. Hopefully, he will jump in once again with his thoughts.

i put the mopar harness in my dart, had to use most of the connectors off the original harness as well as some wires for the light group ( map light)

I also had to add a second field wire for the alternator. took a fried alt, maxi fuse and all my light bulbs to learn that lesson.

Thanks a lot guys. I am keeping all the old till the car gets done but was not sure about the connectors on the Painless kit. Will I need to splice the old connectors to the new wires? Some of my connectors are rusty down inside of the connectors and just want to make sure. Thanks again.

Ok, Here I am. When using our Painless harness on your car we provide the headlight switch connector and terminals for your headlight switch. It also has a block off plate for the original bulk head connector opening with a grommet for the wiring to go through the hole in the plate. We also provide a ballast resisitor in the kit that is correct for mopar electronic ignition and points type systems. There are two head light pigtails in the kit. If more are needed for a 4 headlight system you can order part number 80300. That is another pair of headlight pigtails. You will want to keep the wiring that goes from the wiper switch to motor and the heater wiring. As we only provide power for these systems in our harness. I have many diagrams and we are currently working on revising the manual to show more of the specific connetor pin outs. I do have these diagrams at my desk if you do not have them in your manual. Many of the connectors are next to near impossible to get. I am currently working on trying to make a more specific fit harness for mopars. So wish me luck on that one! Any thing you need please let me know. You can also email me at [email protected] if you need more info.

Jason

Now that is what Im talking about. This site is awsome. Thanks to all of you that responded.
Jason, I will keep you in mind when the time comes. Thanks

the ground wires for the marker lights in the grill need to be kept to. at least for 68 darts dunno if the rest of the cars have `em

and just for the record, my kit came with 4 head light pigtails and no bulkhead plate or grommet :D

the ground wires for the marker lights in the grill need to be kept to. at least for 68 darts dunno if the rest of the cars have `em

and just for the record, my kit came with 4 head light pigtails and no bulkhead plate or grommet :D

Draggin, That is something that I added to the kit after I believe I talked to you and a couple of others that were asking about what to do about the hole in the fire wall. So I took a plate we had here in some other harnesses and checked it on my Demon for fitment. It was perfect for the original bulk head opening. I have also added the typicaly mopar headlight switch connector to the harness as stated earlier since then as well. I'm just trying to make a more user friendly harness for you guys. Oh and if any one has some old 70-76 Abody harnesses laying around that they would want to part with let me know. But I can't tell you why yet. Its top secret! :eek:ops::smilebox:

if any one has some old 70-76 Abody harnesses laying around that they would want to part with let me know.
But I can't tell you why yet. Its top secret! :eek:ops::smilebox:

Yeah right like the value of scrap copper is a secret
Just kidding around :poke:

-
Back