Paint and body guy looking to help..

-
Well no takers all summer. But winter is here and my offer still stands. I may be actually selling my 67 cause I most likely won't have time for it. And it'll be costly.

If I can find any time for myself, I'll take you up on it. I'll let you know.

I get that alot lol. My latest "job" that left Friday. Man I could of used the help on this one. All you see is done by myself.

20221202_100850.jpg

Considering it actually was and I converted it to a bel air you bet.

Wish I was closer. I am more of a wrench but paint and body is an interest of mine. I am a retired master certified tech. I've spent my years doing it. I was lucky to get out while still young and do something else. It isn't fun working on trucks and minivans day after day...to anyone who wants to leave a smartass comment... all Ill say is this... get out before age 40, unless you own the place, and even then... you'll be glad you did, especially these days. Remember you heard it from me.

I too used to work in dealerships. I got out in the early 2000s. I taught myself how to do paint and body because I wanted too. Took the leap and started doing other people's projects years ago. Now with my dad that passed in September. And having to put mom in a facility. I've wanted to teach people and make a little scratch. I'm not independently wealthy so I'd need to make something. But as an example. If I was to do a full on body resto. That could cost 10k to 15k etc. If that owner did alot of the work with me shadowing. Well then. I could charge ALOT less and not only would a customer learn something. But say they did it by themselves with some guidance.

Hey, I know exactly where your at, I’m helping my 95 year old mom and dad get along. I’m 20 minutes north of Milwaukee, may be hooking up with you later on.

Yah not easy. For sure. Dad made it to 89. Mom is still clicking along. Be it slowly also do to alzheimers but still with us.

I a
First off I'm in Illinois. Harvard to be exact. For 22 years I've done paint and body. 11 of those by myself. 5 of those at home since I'm now taking care of my elderly parents.
Long story short. I'm more than willing to help anyone with there body and paint. All I ask is some help in return. I have a variety of projects and it's getting harder to get em all done in a timely manner. No labor costs for you. Just buy the materials and I can guide you to what you need. Take care everyone..
I kind of did the same thing with a guy but in his garage. The guy has amazing skills and work ethics. He had done most of the body work and was getting to the paint mode. He contacted me through a builder I do some work for. I gave him some pointers and some reassurance. He did a great job in his own garage. He got some bugs in it cause he was out there clearing at 2am. Didn’t see that coming. Lol.
We cut and buffed it at my shop. Made a life long friendship. Just had supper with him and his wife last week. :thumbsup:

That's how the hobby in my opinion should be passed. Or at least a skill. But for sure. Night time in the summer with lights on attract all the creepy crawlies lol. And the flying ones die almost instantly when you start to spray clear and drop right in lol

Well I sold the barracuda and all the goodies. There may or may not be a next time??

-
Back