Paint/Body Shop

-

dustUoff

Reaction score
Hey guys... some of you may know better since I'm somewhat new to Texas. What's the best (fairly priced) paint shop in the North Dallas area? Any help would be great!

I live near Houston,
most shops start around $45 an hour. You get into restoration work you looking at a start of $75.00 hour. That is what I charge.

Hey guys... some of you may know better since I'm somewhat new to Texas. What's the best (fairly priced) paint shop in the North Dallas area? Any help would be great!

There is a board member who goes by Challenger Gary, who is unemployed, but has great Mopar restoration skills, and recently restored 3 Mopars, including a nice 1973 Dart, a 1972 Charger and a 1970 Challenger R/T.

His work is excellent and his price is right.

Search the Member Restorations thread on this board for a sample of his skills and finish work. Look for Challenger Gary in that thread.

There is a board member who goes by Challenger Gary, who is unemployed, but has great Mopar restoration skills, and recently restored 3 Mopars, including a nice 1973 Dart, a 1972 Charger and a 1970 Challenger R/T.

His work is excellent and his price is right.

Search the Member Restorations thread on this board for a sample of his skills and finish work. Look for Challenger Gary in that thread.
oops I didnt think about Gary, yes by all means try him first, he is close to you, maybe 20 miles away at the most.

Don't exactly know what you're looking for. I shopped around for something to cover bare primer and a couple of rusted rust spots I repaired. The '73 pictured below has a $500 MAACO paint job. I used the shop at I-30 just west of Jim Miller road. It wasn't perfect, but they did fix the major runs near the B pilar on the driver's side. The paint service was the Supreme which is a single stage polyurethane. Not all MAACO paint shops are equal, so look at stuff they've recently finished before making a commitment.

The paint in the photo is two years old and has been waxed once. The car is kept in a carport and washed about every two weeks.

-
Back