Paint Booth Rental in Socal?

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Looking to find a paint booth rental for my car. Does anyone know of a nice place in the LA area. San Fernando Valley area would be nice. My painter can't get his **** together.:angry7:

Do you need just a booth rental?? And you are going to bring in a painter, mat'ls and equipment.

Or are you looking for someone to just paint it, since the bodywork and final sanding and prep is done??

either at this point

I was at a shop/customer today on Oxnard blvd and about 2nd that is has a guy do body work on his mustangs in his shop. I wonder where he paints them. That area would be a place to pull something like that off.

I've actually heard great things about the One Day Paint? in Oxnard on the south side on Wooley Ave east of Oxnard blvd. At about Wooley and Industrial or Mercantile.

I got two guys in Newbury Park I will ask.

How close is it to paint??

the shell is ready to paint at any time. The panels need final prep and sandind which is not much. It is so close to being done. The final stages practically. Thanks for the help.
-Dave

Yes it's my vert that I've been waiting forever on. It's at the painter but he doesn't have his own booth and I guess he had a falling out with the booth he used next to his shop. FOOOking something every week. It is practically finished and now this crap. He has until Friday to figure something out. But I'm taking matters into my own hands as I cannot rely on this guy anymore. I may have to find another shop to finish the job. This seems to be an ongoing theme for us restoration guys.

Sorry to keep reading this crap stuff Dave. I've been waiting for your paint since I joined, and have been hoping you can get some satisfaction soon. You're right, everyone has issues, but if this is his business, he's f**kin you around. If he treats all his customers this way then he should be outta business!! If anything I learned in dealing with contractors/tradespeople, always have more done than paid for - it keeps 'em hungry and interested. If you pay them up front (not saying you did tho), they spend the money and spend their timelooking for next job

Grant

P.S. Hoping next time you post your baby is BLUE!

Man, that bites the big one. I think I'm going to stay with primer black on mine. Carry a spray can around for touch ups. Mike

I'm hoping for the best right now. Hate getting the runaround and getting screwed. In my job..if I screw you over you'll die or will be a seriously disabled vegetable. Respect man and doing the job you said would be done..that's all i ask.

daves66valiant, I feel for you.

I had the same thing happen on a custom paint job on a motorcycle years ago. He had my parts for months and gave me progress updates every few weeks (only after chasing him hard on the phone). On the big day that I was to get the painted parts he admitted that he was having some personal problems and didn't paint anything except to primer it. No paint job...just a bunch of gray parts. I went with him based upon his reputation. What a surprise. If I had only known he couldn't get to it, I would have moved on to someone else. I was sure mad.

I now ask very pointed questions about time commitments and what the vendor will do if they get into a time bind. It is sure frustrating when you are juggling so many build variables and then have an important part of the project time line blown out by someone who couldn't be honest (with themselves) and the client.

Keep the faith. Your build is an inspiration and I can't wait to park near it at Spring Fling next year! Your hard work is going to focus a lot of good energy towards the early a-bodies.

Thanks Doug. Live and learn I guess. Nobody likes getting hosed. When I do another resto I'll know better.

I would love to help you & get your baby painted for you. I don't know of any place in the Valley though. Can any of the final prep work be done at your house. I can ask a friend of mine from the fling shows that lives in the valley & see if he knows any place that will rent a booth. I'm assuming she'll have to be trailered to where ever she gets painted at. Has the painter painted ANY thing yet? Jambs, engine bay, trunk? I'll PM you my #. Hope I can help, Russell

Thanks Russell. I'll be talking to my painter today. The shell is a roller with caster on the front frame rails and will need a trailer. Nearly all the final prep is finished, just needs to be shot in EE-1 Dark Blue Poly. I'll give you a ring after I chat with my painter.

Just a thought, but do you have a mate who is in the military and is there a base close by? Reason I mention is many of the bases have an auto hobby shop. Mate of mine here offered to get me on the base to use their new state of the art booth. Maybe you could luck into the same thing????

I've seen and been through this type of thing numerous times. Seems like it is just the nature of how these things work. Seems to not matter on the money you spend. Just no guarantees on completion. Say one thing and do another. Had it with body shops, race car fab shops, stereo shops, you name it. Seems if they can slide your big job to the side or pull people off to do a load of smaller quickie jobs then that is what they will do. Mean while your car sits there with little progress. Just about the time when you have really had enough, then the shop changes owners or some "personnal issues" come up just to put a twist in the works.
Frustrating I know. Would not be the first time I pulled up to a place with a flat bed tow truck driver and took the car somewhere else.
Best of luck.

Cheers

do a craigslist search for "booth rental", I see them advertised all the time in some areas.

-
Back