Paint codes for sox and martin

-

1967formulaS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know this is a bit of a sensitive subject but I am looking for the 68 Sox and Martin paint codes. I have read that they were ford colors with the below paint names.
Its just an idea in the back of my mind but I was thinking of painting my fastback, and the sox and martin 68 is just awesome and my favorite race car of all time.
Its either that or if I cant match the paint correctly is and old school BO29 from the factory look. Undercoat and black glass guards and Hemi hood.

White: Wimbledon white
Blue: Guardsman Blue
Red: Rangoon Red

I was wondering if anyone can confirm this.
Also does anyone know where I can find the same size sponsor decals.

Hi Guys,

I know this is a bit of a sensitive subject but I am looking for the 68 Sox and Martin paint codes. I have read that they were ford colors with the below paint names.
Its just an idea in the back of my mind but I was thinking of painting my fastback, and the sox and martin 68 is just awesome and my favorite race car of all time.
Its either that or if I cant match the paint correctly is and old school BO29 from the factory look. Undercoat and black glass guards and Hemi hood.

Anyone got any info?

This might be of some interest. I copied this from the Mopar Muscle website forum:

musclehill
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 12/04
Posted: 12/08/04
05:13 AM​

I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A SMART AS ABOUT YOUR QUESTION BUT WE OWN A HURST HEMI SS BARRACUDA AND WANTED AND BEGGED RONNIE TO LET US CLONE THE CAR TO HIS BARRACUDA.AFTER SINING OUR LIFE AWAY,AND YOU CAN NOT BLAME HIM AND BUDDY, HE SENT US THE PAINT CODES AND THE SCEME TO DO THE CAR. WE HAVE AN IDENTICAL CLONE WHICK I INTEND TO PUBLISH IN SOME MAGS IN HONOR OF HIM AND HIS FAME. NOW YOU CAN PULL UP RONNIE SOX ON YOUR BAR AND IT WILL GIVE YOU A STORE THAT SELLS CAPS AND SHIRTS,AND EVEN RONNIE SOX WHITE, BLUE,AND RED PAINT. BUT I WOULD MADE SURE I CONTACTED HIM, WHICH I WISH YOU LUCK IN WHAT YOU ARE WANTING TO DO LEGALLY, BECAUSE HE TOLD ME NO ONE WAS EVER GOING TO CLONE ANOTHER CAR THAT HE AND BUDDY OWNS. WE CAN NOT EVEN CARRY OUR CAR DOWN A DRAGSTRIP,FULL COVERAGE,MILLION DOLLAR BLANKET COVERAGE,ECT, BUT ITS WORTH IT TO HAVE HIS CAR DOWN TO THE NHRA NUMBER TO CRUISE THOUGHT TOWN WITH 850+hp & WHEELY BARS ON THE WEEKENDS. AS I SAID, I AM NOT AT ALL TRYING TO BE ULGY AND ONLY WHICH YOU COULD HAVE ONE NIGHT OF THE ATTENTION WE GOT IN OUR RIDE THE FIRST NIGHT OUT, BUT I THINK YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF ASKING SANTA FOR FORT KNOW UNDER YOUR TREE THIS CHRISTMAS. WE ARE EVEN GOING TO LET HIM COME TRAILER THE CAR BACK TO NC AND DRIVE IT NEXT FALL A MONTH. GOOD LUCK AND I WHICH I DID NOT HAVE TO GIVE YOU THIS INFO. BUT LIKE I SAID, YOU CAN BUY THE PAINT OFF HIS SITE.

Read more: http://forums.moparmusclemagazine.c...int/sox-and-martin-paint-codes/#ixzz2i1VyHZJt

Hi Guys,

I have to ask; Why would you want to copy a paint design that has been copied by so many other people? I'm sure that design has been beat to death by now.

And I'll bet you put a '68 SS Hemi hood scoop on your car (with the wedge motor) too.

Be original and come up with your own paint scheme.

How could anyone copy write colours ? I can see logos but colours ??

Hi Guys, Thanks for your opinions. Lets get a couple of things straight.

1. I am in Australia, and there are no Sox & Martin Replicas down here that I have seen. Mopars are massive down here and I believe keeping the heritage of why these cars are so famous is important, so what better way than a copy of one of the most famous race cars in Mopar history.
2.No part of that car is copyright , trademarked or patented. I have done my homework and checked with several U.S departments including the U.S govt. trademarks department. The only thing that comes up is T-shirts, caps and model car replicas, No mention of decals for life size cars. The colours are ford colours and are not owned by Sox & Martin, neither is the Plymouth script or any of the sponsor logos on the front.
3. Yes I would build a hemi for it...... I am not that stupid. A replica in my eyes is exactly that. a copy of the original. Not putting a hemi in it would be like building a Richard petty #43 Superbird replica with no nose cone.
4. The Sox & Martin fastback is my ultimate dream car of all time and I have no interest in making my own design. My car was originally a Red Formula s Fastback, Then a crappy 80's paint scheme race car, currently now white with black billboards, street/strip under mechanical restoration. This replica idea, will be done as accurately as possible. I have started gathering all of the little bits and pieces needed to achieve this. Once I have all the bits, Its 'Lil Boss time.:burnout:

I did read somewhere that someone copied the paint scheme....and heard form an attorney about it....

Hi Guys, Thanks for your opinions. Lets get a couple of things straight.

Kinda harsh response, eh ? Personally I really don't care what you do with your car, it is your car. But you asked for a response and sometimes you don't get the response that you want..

BTW, I used to run a '59 Vauxhall and I gather they are big in Australia..as well a jap cars..

Guys,
Not meant to be a harsh reply, just stating the facts and my intentions.
I really thought you A body guys would be cool with the idea as long as its done correctly.
I didn't expect sarcastic replies especially from senior members..

Inkjunkie, Thanks for your reply.
I couldn't find any trademarks etc on the paint scheme or layout or even the script used. The other thing is that U.S law does not apply here in Australia so I should ok. thanks for the heads up though.

Guys,
I really thought you A body guys would be cool with the idea as long as its done correctly.

I couldn't find any trademarks etc on the paint scheme or layout or even the script used. The other thing is that U.S law does not apply here in Australia so I should ok. thanks for the heads up though.

being as how sox is gone, and your over there, I would n`t worry about, do it!------bob:wack:

Guys,

FYI - My reply wasn't sarcasm.

I can appreciate you attempting to build a "Hemi Clone".

What I have a problem with is copying a tired old "beat to death" design. I trip over these S&M clone cars seems like everywhere and it's sad. If your in OZ then go for it.

The same with SS Hemi hoods scoops, seems like every slant six and 318 owner over here has one. And that's very sad too.

:glasses7:

Life is too short to be copying other people's ideas. Much less spending years making the "perfect" clone. Originality is the essence of life. JMHO.

Print off a vinyl wrap and be done with it.

No worries sscuda , thanks for clearing that up.

No problem,

I see your in North Queensland. My second oldest graduated Griffith last November. She's working in Sydney now. Oz is a beautiful country.

If you need anything (parts or literature) in regards to your "Hemi Clone" build let me know. I'm just finishing up my second SS Hemi tribute car.

BTW - As much as you admire S & M; I still say be an individual and don't copy an already over copied paint scheme. The S&M copy-cars are as popular as the Dukes of Hazzard copy-cars over here.

My niece just graduated out of the university in Sydney. She got her citizenship ..is now teaching at that university part time now , married and about to buy a house.. Jeez, normal cars are expensive there..

it should be flattering and a reflection of the greatness of the S&M team that people want to copy them and be like them ....if nobody was a fan then why bother, fans follow the greatness the see with their hearts.

same with dukes of hazard ....it was a great movie and a lot people like it and the more dukes cars I see and more fans I see of the dukes the more it enforces the idea of just how great of a movie and series it was and how it touched people's hearts and drew them in to want more of the movie product.

same for anything great ...like Richard Petty cars

if not for fans, most sports and celebrities would not exist.

I am also going to build my own version of an S&M car for my own enjoyment and as a tribute to greatness. if S&M were not a symbol of greatness then why bother ...why should anyone idolize or follow someone who is not so great. Ronnie Sox and Buddy Martin were greatness and they deserve to be followed and made tribute to, so their legend is never forgotten and lives on even after them.

it would be different if someone was building S&M copy cars and trying to pass them off as genuine cars for a profit .....that would be immoral and should be punished, but as far as I can tell most people I have heard of who have built "copy" cars were doing it for personal enjoyment and to remember a legend and for most of us ...our own creations will be the closest we ever get to the real deal.....some of us were not fortunate to be old enough to have been there or see for ourselves what we are holding dear.

No problem,

I see your in North Queensland. My second oldest graduated Griffith last November. She's working in Sydney now. Oz is a beautiful country.

If you need anything (parts or literature) in regards to your "Hemi Clone" build let me know. I'm just finishing up my second SS Hemi tribute car.

BTW - As much as you admire S & M; I still say be an individual and don't copy an already over copied paint scheme. The S&M copy-cars are as popular as the Dukes of Hazzard copy-cars over here.

Thanks sscuda, I appreciate it. Do you have any pics of you cars on here?

My niece just graduated out of the university in Sydney. She got her citizenship ..is now teaching at that university part time now , married and about to buy a house.. Jeez, normal cars are expensive there..

Yeah normal cars are ridiculously expensive here for anything decent.
There are 3 major car manufacturers here. Holden (GM), Ford and Toyota
A Toyota 4WD if your into that, would cost on average about $50,000. Toyota small cars are affordable at 20,000 upwards depending on model. Ford and Holden cars generally sell for 38,000-42,000 for a V8. Personally I would love a new Dodge Challenger which you can buy here but converted to Right hand drive away price is $89,000.

Ill stick with driving an old crappy normal car and building awesome Mopars.

89K ? crumbs..

I remember Vauxhall shipping broken down kit cars that needed to be reassembled to avoid taxes.

Sometimes we forget how good we have it here (Canada). In the 42 or so houses in our subdivision, I think there are only two families that only have 2 cars. One neighbor has 12 or 13 now...

Mind you, to go anywhere around here, we need a car. Essentially no public transit.

ian.

89K ? crumbs..

I remember Vauxhall shipping broken down kit cars that needed to be reassembled to avoid taxes.

Sometimes we forget how good we have it here (Canada). In the 42 or so houses in our subdivision, I think there are only two families that only have 2 cars. One neighbor has 12 or 13 now...

Mind you, to go anywhere around here, we need a car. Essentially no public transit.

ian.

I only got 3 Cars, The Barracuda, A Jensen Interceptor and a Toyota Seca as a run around car.

A bit of Vauxhall info for you; Vauxhall won the Armstrong 500 at Philip Island down here in Australia. pretty sure it was 1960 or 61
Frank Coad and John Roxburgh in a Vauxhall Cresta, the only Vauxhall in a field of 45 cars.
:burnout:

Doesn't Vauxhall sell the sell that fastest mass produced car in the world ?

Vauxhall exited out of Canada with their tail tucked firmly between their legs after the production run of the Firenza or the fire-enza as we called it due to the number of engine bay fires it had.. Must be early or mid '70s.

Mine was a Victor Delux Series II. It was sold through the Pontiac Hi-po division and was a Canada only trim model. i belonged to a north american club and we could only find one other on the roads in Can / USA..

A Jensen ..wow..I have a weakness for 'gt's. I was a member of a large british car club here and there wasn't an inceptor..just a CV8 .

The Seca must be a re badged Corolla ?

We have a late 60s ute for sale here..he wants 15K for it... He did import it was Aus.

There is a mopar club around Sydney and I am lightly pushing my niece' husband toward it but I think he is hooked on buying a Porsche..yawn..

Good luck with you build and don't forget to post a few pictures.

There is an S and M clone in QLD already, you should try to track it down.

It was at Chrysler Expo a few years back. Did see pics but not sure who owns it

Actually come to think of it may have been an E body sorry

Thanks Dan, ill check it out. Meanwhile i've been mucking around with some ideas on the computer. what you think.

Attachments

• murfslaw.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 391
That is pretty sweet. I would love to have a S&M clone. Keep the Mopar madness going down under. Don't forget to keep us posted on any of your modifications. Every one thinks they need a piece of the action... :mumum:
I say :finga: Have a great day. :violent1: :D

:burnout::burnout: Zmax :burnout::burnout:

-
Back