Paint codes found behind rear seat

-

dodgefreak73

Reaction score
I had the rear seat out the other day doing some work and found this. I've already decoded the fender tag so I knew the color codes, but it was kind of neat to see this inside the car. The nice part is the color codes do match the fender tag codes Y3 & Y6 I still haven't found the build sheet yet though. It's fun to find all the little "tricks" they did on the assembly line in those days. I'm still hoping to find a build sheet though it's not looking to good so far, I've checked both seats and found no trace of one.

HPIM5478.jpg

My car has the same marks behind the back seat but a little neater! I've found build sheets inside the front seat backs before, you'll probably have to take the seat apart and undo some of the hog rings to check though. 100_0074.jpg

100_0074.jpg

My car has the same marks behind the back seat but a little neater! I've found build sheets inside the front seat backs before, you'll probably have to take the seat apart and undo some of the hog rings to check though. View attachment 146193

Thats cool! Maybe some day I'll get bored and look in a few more places for my build sheet now that I know a few more places to lok. Thanks everybody:cheers:

Found the build sheet for both my 65 GT convert and wagon under the rear seat. Had a 69 Charger and it was also under the rear seat. Also had a 70 440 6 pak Challenger and it was behind the driver's seat back panel.

-
Back