Paint color Opinion

-

70dart

Reaction score
Do you like this color? I know the sample i posted was a on a non mopar. I was thinking this body color with a black vinyl roof and a flat black rear stripe and hood and hood scoops on the 70 swinger. The color combo is shown on a charger in the most recent issue of mopar muscle magazine page 97 in the Sta-Bil advertisement. I know I am light years away from being ready for paint but just looking for some input!

Chevelle_Is_Here.jpg

Hey Marvin, good to see you on! I'd give ya a thumbs up for that color, especially with a black vinyl roof on your car. I really like the look of the black vinyl roofs like on Johnny Darts green '70. I think that color off set with the vinyl roof would look sharp! What exacly is that color called?

Good to see you posting again Marvin. There`s a 69 Camaro at many of the shows here that wears that color and it`s beautiful. Isn`t it actually a translucent color over a color, like a candy apple?

That color with black top and the flat stripe and scoops will look awesome. I can see it being a combo that makes a car look fast even when its sitting still. Good choice!!!

Thanks everyone for your input! Longgone you could be be right, it may be a translucent color over a color. Maybe if you see the guy around with the 69 camaro you could ask him about his color for me. I want to hit right on when I go to do it, if everything works out for me that is! and doesn't cost a couple of arms and a leg. Moparsegura you are absolutely right everything looks better on a Mopar!

That color would look awesome! If you plan on doing it yourself, bear in mind, the House of Color paints like that are EXPENSIVE and require an experienced hand. If you are not going to do it yourself, be prepared to pay big $$.

I know some good painters, i will definately check around first! Dont have money to throw away. But maybe i will win the lottery before i get to that stage. It will be a few years or maybe more before paint stage is reached, just depends on how fast the arm usage comes back, if it does???

For some reason flat black stripes do not jive for me. When I seen this color on a car I just want to get lost in the color without the flat black stripes distracting me and interupting my drool. The color pops so much that the flat would distract you from the beauty of pearlescent paint. I would think that painted on stripes would be better IMO

-
Back