Paint Day is Here

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Photos to come.....

But I have a question its 63 right now. Ideal is 70. But the high today isnt much more then 63. So my question is how cold is too cold?

as long as you have the right speed reducer you should be fine at that temp.

...unless dew is forming on stuff- that would suck.

i shot my charger with a single stage medium dry reducer at 60-65* and it layed on beautifully.

Are ya paintin it in there???

It did my own paint work a few times some 25 years ago in a garage,I had an old timer once come over and showed me how to wet sand after to get some dust out and bugs than polish,some would say what shop painted your car,so It can be done,love the color too.

Final product got 3 coats on it. Its got quite a bit of orange peel. I wasnt real happy with the gun i used. I'm using TCP Global S/S Urethane.

Attachments

• paint4.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 178
  • paint5.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 185
  • paint6.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 184
  • paint7.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 182
  • paint8.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 178
  • paint9.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 178
Its a solid color so you can always wet sand and buff out the orange peel.

Looks good and you did it yourself.

Yeah I know thats the best part about it Adam. It does look pretty good. Im amazed at myself. Best part is I did 3 good coats and only used not even half a gallon

hit that bad boy with some 400 on the flat surfaces real good but lite on the edges to not break thru and go with one more wet one like that color and Global is good material i use there DBC alot

Wet sand it with 1000 grit, then do it again with 1500 grit, then polish on LOW speed. It'll look like a mirror.

Shoulda covered the tires first, but it'll clean off with lacquer thinner.

Looks good from here.

George

Nice job- proof you don't have to spend cubic paychcecks to have a nice car!

-
Back