Paint Guns HVLP

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Anyone have good luck with a particular brand? How about the Harbor Freight ones? I need one to shoot primer with.

The $40 HF purple gun 43430 works pretty good. Make sure the tip is large enough for the material.

Astro makes a pretty inexpensive LVLP gun. EVO4014 and 4018. About $80 each.

HF ones are perfect for primer, as crackedback said get a larger tip .17 or so if you plan on shooting a 2k primer.

For primer i use a non hvlp. I think i bought mine at Napa it was like a 150 dollar gravity gun just for primer.

Check out how many CFM's you need for the HVLP and any spray gun for that matter. If you don't have a air compressor that can put out the air then the gun, no matter how cheap or expensive won't work. The compressor won't be able to keep up. Like others said, 1.8 for primers, 1.4 or 1.2 for topcoats and clears. You can get away with the 1.4 for primers if the primer is thin enough. My two cents.

Just got this set. sprayed my dash and some small parts last night and i'm very happy with it, an excellent deal. i only wish it came with a case. thanks for the heads up 1badDodge71.

One of my friends bought this 3 gun set from TCP Global and they work great!it comes with a primer gun with a 1.8 tip,topcoat gun with 1.4 tip,ad touch up gun,all 3 are HVLP.Good deal for 3 guns.http://www.tcpglobal.com/spraygundepot/tcpgate.aspx

SATA NR95 is what I use at work. Not the cheapest but My favorite primer gun. They "paint companies" give us new stuff to try but the the SATA is the best, in My opinion.

i bought a cia? from the body supply shop it was under 100 with a regulator works great the 1.4 tip is small for some primer but it works. i have the non hvlp purple HF gun, its a piece of ****. sprays awful. horrible spray pattern, spits all over. and not made anywhere as good as the cia, all threads are loose fitting the pin fell out of the trigger after 2 uses.

-
Back