Paint help needed

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Well I'm overwhelmed on deciding how to paint my 74 Scamp and need your help.Was going to do a flat black painted one quarter and hated it.I want something different on the cheap.Now thinking two tone but what colors to use.I will be using single stage paint

I've had it on this project as always my mind was getting things out of hand and it's just a daily driver.Shooting paint today it will be like the above picture but on the cheap.Black hot rod flatz on the top and light gray hot rod flatz on the bottom.

Attachments

• 1973-Dodge-Dart-picture_260730865950.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 134
why single stage ? Base clear is easier to work with.
X2. But I was scared to death to try it for the first time, but I did have a great painter stand by me while I was mixing and setting my air pressure to my gun and showed me how to and what temp blender to use in my clear. If he has a friend that will walk him though it and be there he would like Base clear much better 8)
I like Y5 Lemon twist yellow myself 8)

The picture you posted looks really good. Can't tell the colors for sure but maybe a really deep, dark green on the bottom & some kind of white on top with with just a hint of green. Or maybe a really, really, light kind of mint green top?

I've had it on this project as always my mind was getting things out of hand and it's just a daily driver.Shooting paint today it will be like the above picture but on the cheap.Black hot rod flatz on the top and light gray hot rod flatz on the bottom.

-
Back