Paint Opinions

-

MoparDennis

Reaction score
My Sons car is almost ready for paint

69 Dart GT (Original B3 Blue, Black Vinyl Top, B3 Blue Interior)

I would like to repaint original color

He may want to paint it something else, B3 Blue with some pearl, or Silver etc..

Going to have all the GT Trim and badges, Vinyl top, etc.. (Probably Cragar SS Wheels)

First anybody have pics of a 69 Dart GT or GTS B3 Blue, can't really find any

Pro's and Cons of Original VS another color?

Your opinion of what to do.

Thanks

I would re-paint it the original color but thats my personal oppinion.

I love both B3 and B5 blue. And, there are only so many colors you can really paint it and have it look good with a blue interior, so... I'd stick with original color. Plus, if you change the color, there's so many other details you need to hit for it to not show once it's repainted. Depending on the condition of the car, maybe you can even not paint some parts. For example, I'm not painting the underside of my trunk lid or hood because they're fine as-is, I'll just blend them in. It's way easier to not change colors either way. (Adding a little extra pearl or whatever won't really change that too much, it'll still look better than a total color change).

No we aren't painting ourselves.

Anybody have production #'s of how many b3 69 Dart GT's?

Would really like to see some pics in B3

Whoa! Not to be hatin' but how do you not LOVE a B3/B3 car??

Have you seen pics of nice and shiny ones?

...or better yet, seen that combo in person?

Stunning!

...IMO...:)

B5 is tops! B3 is a sexy color. I have seen many B5's and all look great. There's not so many B3 cars but they look great too with blue interior, chrome trim, black vinyl top, Cragar SS's and the list goes on and on. That's a tough choice. Look around for more photos to help you decide. Good luck with you're choice. tmm Here's a light blue Valiant. Although the stance and the wheels give it a look, the color makes the car.

Attachments

• 6324.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 97
Unfortunately the only pictures that I have on my hard drive that are close to what you are asking for are these:
vbpgimage.jpg

6920Dart20Blue.jpg

Hope these help.

DISCLAIMER: These are not my cars and they may very well belong to members here. I hold no responsibility over these pictures. After all, I got them off the internet and if you don't like me posting them on the internet, they should never have been placed on the internet to begin with.

I'm partial to original cars. Especially if it's a desirable car (color/engine/trim/options) and the numbers match on the drive train.

I did a Corvette in the early 90's and original was very important for the value of those cars at that time. I understand the hobby has changed somewhat since then, but I guess it's ingrained in me.

I don't think these cars will ever be as fast, handle as well, or be as comfortable as a modern car. So why try? For me it's all about preserving them the they were when they rolled off the line. I'm OK with a few accomodations for safety/performance/reliability like better brakes, tires, ignition, etc. But for the most part, I like to keep them original.

This is just my opinion and I don't fault anyone for building what they want to build.

-
Back