Paint will not dry

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Merry Christmas, folks:cheers:

Yesterday I cleaned up the springs for my front seat and sprayed them with a rattle can of Ace gloss black. I've had the can about a year or so and used it a couple of times without a problem.
I sprayed yesterday and hung them up in the mud room (heated). It's been over 24 hours and they are still not dry??? They are at that stage between tacky and dry were the paint won't come off, but you can leave a fingerprint. They have been at this stage now for 24 hours! What gives?

It took me two seats to come up with a decent set of springs. Some were stripped and primered, some were simply cleaned and painted. None of them are dry. Any ideas?
Thx,
C

Attachments

• DCP_3184.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 327
Merry Christmas!

It could be that the temperature was not in the ideal range wherever they were painted. They might just need more time to cure. If it was an enamel paint and it was sprayed too thick it could take forever or may not dry right. What type of paint was it?

Well, it is humid!!!
The paint is just rattle can enamel, can't really say how thick it is as most just got blown away. Maybe it will be dry in the morning.
C

I have been known to dry parts in the oven but don't tell my wife.... wait a minute Im not married. Drying parts in the oven causes cancer so don't try this at home. lol

Well it doesn't look like Illinois but could be humidity, I have had parts take 3 to 4 days to cure here,

After 1 1/2 days it is not as tacky this AM. I will just leave it hanging a while longer I guess.
Thx all,
C

Hang them in the house--by the furnace !!!.....for drying purposes only.

And I have had rattle cans that froze during the winter and it sorta messed up the paint.

Got a radiant shop heater? Juskt hang em up to bake. It's what I did with my VHT paint coated caliper.

-
Back