Painted bumper opinion wanted

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
I would like your opinion on what I'm considering painting my bumpers.I'm looking at the wheels pictured which have gunmetal spokes and using a 69 Valiant grille painting my bumpers the same color as the wheel spokes.The bumper in the 3rd picture is just taped over because it was green and I just used some rattle can paint on the gunmetal.I will be welding the bumper bolts in with no heads showing.
I kind of like the idea going from gunmetal to argent to polished (grille) being the same as the wheels.
What do you think??????????????
Thanks and please do not say paint them body color as I do not care for that and chroming is more than I want to spend

I have this on another thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=204695

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJBEE-byTWv-yBPs7!Ssi6w~~60_35.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 554
  • bumper 006.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 590
  • 69 g.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 582
I like pic 2 with gun metal bumper. nice contrast and no way to mistake you were not trying to paint it ratlle can fake chrome.

We are planning the same thing with our 73 charger my son wants the dark silver like you i'm thinking body color [the chrome on our bumpers is very rough].

We are planning the same thing with our 73 charger my son wants the dark silver like you i'm thinking body color [the chrome on our bumpers is very rough].
I think a lot depends on the color and size of the car when deciding how to paint bumpers

I have painted bumpers on my Demon, but they are fiberglass. Yours looks nice. Go for it!

I couldn't stand it I had to set the grille kind of in place.
Grille still need redone but what do you think?
I'll have to play with tones maybe lighter on the bumper and
darker on the grille.I'll have to get the wheels first at the
ducktails James Dean show in Gas City

Attachments

• grille this.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 744
I don't like painted bumpers.But that doesn't look bad way better than the black bumper.

I don't like painted bumpers.But that doesn't look bad way better than the black bumper.

I'm not that crazy about painted bumpers either but it's a money thing this has been bothering me for some time and I'm trying to come up with a good combination no body color for me

I went with a chassis silver on my bumper. (It's like a light argent without the dull tone).

Attachments

• DSCN0423.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 508
It is great to be able to get the opinions of all the fine folks on FABO. There are many skilled folks on this site. After you have read the opinions, build the car the way you want it! When mine is done, I will have a small under hood plaque that says "built by 509Duster for 509Duster". When I am at car shows, I enjoy the comments people make and I respect their opinions. But the bottom line is I am building the car for me and not them. Recommend you do the same. Now my opinion - your approach looks fine as long it is what you want! Thanks for listening.

Took another look. Have you thought about adding a fiberglass spoiler under the gun metal bumper and painting it the body color? It could then be pinstriped, brand lettered or both. I believe that would really draw the eyes.

Well the blacked tapped pictures looks bad color wise.

The other painted picture with the grill installed doesn't look to bad with the color of your car. Be interesting to see how it looks when it all comes together with wheels installed. I might be a believer:D

Well the blacked tapped pictures looks bad color wise.

The other painted picture with the grill installed doesn't look to bad with the color of your car. Be interesting to see how it looks when it all comes together with wheels installed. I might be a believer:D

I jsut tapped over the green bumper to see how the grille looked on a trial fir.FYT this is not a 69 Valiant

I do like the gunmetal color on it. Does it match the wheel color pretty close?
C

I like this picutre...the contrast between the grill and the bumper works well...

Paul

attachment.php

I couldn't stand it I had to set the grille kind of in place.
Grille still need redone but what do you think?
I'll have to play with tones maybe lighter on the bumper and
darker on the grille.I'll have to get the wheels first at the
ducktails James Dean show in Gas City

for right now i think that color is your best pick later on after the rocks and bugs starting knocking chips in it I would be saving money for chrome I like chrome better but sometimes you have to just wait and thats what makes putting one back together so great for short time and money oh and sweat

for right now i think that color is your best pick later on after the rocks and bugs starting knocking chips in it I would be saving money for chrome I like chrome better but sometimes you have to just wait and thats what makes putting one back together so great for short time and money oh and sweat

I couldn't have said it better.For now I have to pick where to spend my $$$ and it's better spent on something that can't easily be changed later yet looking as good as possible.
I have a friend that restores classic cars and he says there is a way to HELP protect a painted bumper.Check out this web site he has restored most of these Hudsons and I have even helped on a few

http://www.hostetlershudsons.com/home.html

After many trials and searching for the right gunmetal spoke wheels I gave up and have decided to chrome the bumpers and I will be using either a chrome Wheel Vintique or polished Halibrand replica wheel.I fought the law and the law won.Put the front wheels off my Demon on the project car and //////////////////
Thanks for all the feedback

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 364
  • wheel vintiques.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 430
  • halibrand polished.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 404
OK I've made a decision.I ordered an AMD front bumper and getting the rear bumper rechromed an I have ordered Showwheels Thrashstar 17X7 wheels so now I can move on with the rest of the project

Attachments

• 898789_20.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 382
-
Back