Painted bumpers

-
Its all about the look you are going for. Chrome is a must if you are into that original look. I think body color can be very cool, its YOUR car, it makes Your statement where ever it goes, what do you want to say?
Me Im into being the car everybody says "What the hell was that, that just passed us? I think the painted bumper works with that way of thinking.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000030.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 166
For now I'm leaning body color. If I don't like it I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks for the remarks...even from the ones who find it easy to advocate spending money you don't have because " cars aren't cheap":smile::smile:

Here, Here! You gotta do what you gotta do. Sure beats doing nothing.:blob:

Mine are painted body color, and I think they look just fine. Anybody that doesn't like it, is more than welcome to pony up the cash for some nice chrome ones. Your money=your way.

I painted mine black...it went with what I was trying to acheive with the whole black and white theme and the black cop wheels. I did try to clean the chrome up first but it didnt look very good when I was done.

Attachments

• 20140321_085257_resized.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 20130920_141906_resized.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 137
I painted mine black...it went with what I was trying to acheive with the whole black and white theme and the black cop wheels. I did try to clean the chrome up first but it didnt look very good when I was done.

I think the black bumpers look cool on your car. IF, it were my car, I would consider going with a black hood as well

73, great look! The only thing I would change is to take some of the white body paint and paint in the "Plymouth" on the front grill trim. It will really pop.
lAndrew

Re-chroming has gotten WAY out of hand, I believe the EPA has got involved. At least in Colorado, a rear Dart bumper used to be $150 to re-chrome now it is $500+.

What he said! ^^

I was looking at > $1K for front and rear to be rechromed, already had enough body color paint on hand to do em.

When I restored my Dart Sport the bumpers needed rechroming but this was not in the budget for me either, so paint is much cheaper than chrome was my choice after some searching.
J-G

-
Back