Painted Bumpers

-

efriedrich

69 383S
Reaction score
I'm to the point were I need to figure out what to do with my bumpers. I really dont want to spend a grand on getting them rechromed right now with my money going in so many other directions already on this build. Whats the general concensous on painting them body color. Anybody have pics of there car with painted bumpers. Also I need my trunk trim panel restored, the black one with formula s emblem and other general trim pieces, any friends of the forum doing this.:dontknow:

I don't like painted bumpers on 67-69 Barracudas. How well can you clean them up?

You could just run what you have and get them done one at a time.

Take a pic of the rear panel and other trim so we can see what work needs to be done on those.

Bumpers that match the body color look real nice on E Bodies, just not so flattering on A bodies.

Body color bumpers cause the car to lose some defining lines. Like the first pic, but if they are a accent color, silver or aluminum colored they look good

5457-1969-Plymouth-Barracuda.jpg

1967-plymouth-barracuda-1.jpg

I'm to the point were I need to figure out what to do with my bumpers. I really dont want to spend a grand on getting them rechromed right now with my money going in so many other directions already on this build. Whats the general concensous on painting them body color. Anybody have pics of there car with painted bumpers. Also I need my trunk trim panel restored, the black one with formula s emblem and other general trim pieces, any friends of the forum doing this.:dontknow:
You could PM Waggin(Curtis)to fix you up with your trim pieces.He,s does some great work restoring stainless trim pieces!:cheers::read2:

Give tri-city plating a call..i don't think it'll be a grand to rechrome yours,they did the ones on my '70 duster for $255.00 each 3 years ago...as far as painted bumpers,i don't like them it makes a car look like the owner was too cheap to re-plate them..

Depends on the look your after. If your accenting certian areas with chome and deleting chrome in others, it all a matter of choice.
Here's mine.
Painted bumpers, sh
vbpgimage.php
aved handles and fuel filler.

-
Back