Painting Rear end

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
What do yall use that holds up well? Looking to paint my rear and get it ready. Looking for something that holds up well... Spray bomb.

I used eastwood paints on the Dart. Very durable. worth the extra couple of bucks

I took a recomendation from a fellow member and used the semi-flat black spray cans from the local John Deere store. Excellent quality spray can and a real nice color that resembles factory.

IMrear1.jpg

Rustoleam semi gloss paint cans two coats I also did two coats of primer it came out pretty good

that looks good. i have always used duplicolor engine enamel...but i don't know how i like it. i have used it for years, but it was always just okay...its not very durable...it scratches easy....maybe i should try another brand after all these years....maybe rustoleum??

well on the cheap ive used the rustoleum and its decent stuff. If im going to spend some money im going to POR15 it.

I brushed on Rustoleum hammered paint. The stuff is tough as nails and looks good to boot. The black is pretty greyish though...
C

Chassis black from a Auto paint supplier. They use it to spray utility trailers, under car frames, etc... its tough stuff. You have to ad hardener if I'm not mistaken. I just gets harder and harder as time goes by. Powder coat would be the best.

Josh,I finally got around to painting my roll cage after over a year.It was starting to rust,so gave a quick sanding and covered it with POR-15.I got a really small can of it from Steve(4spdragtop)I only used 1/2 the can cause it spreads out real well,still have enough to do my Dana.The stuff is amazing and don,t think rust will come through it.Good luck.

i use por15, covered with the semi-gloss from john deere. on the 8.75 hogshead, i use duplicolor cast orpn engine paint. same with the drums. looks really good, and holds up incredibly well.

-
Back