painting signal bezels...

-

DRENO

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I tried cleaning up my front signal lights, so I removed the lense and tried cleaning the reflector part.Well the paint came right off like nothing.I like bright lights on my car so I was thinking of painting that area with this...........is this too reflective,maybe I should use a flat paint?8)

Grand Apr 17-10 014f.JPG

Grand Apr 17-10 014f.JPG

We used that same paint on the inside of the tail light on my son-in-laws dart. Worked great the lights look a lot brighter.

Just a note which may help Dreno.

Very high metallic content paints like that duplicolor need to be laid down in a medium wet coat.

Do not lay it down in dry coats.Dry coats tend to be duller as the metal flake does not lay down flat therefore reflecting less light. Orange peel is a sign of dry coats.

Just a note which may help Dreno.

Very high metallic content paints like that duplicolor need to be laid down in a medium wet coat.

Do not lay it down in dry coats.Dry coats tend to be duller as the metal flake does not lay down flat therefore reflecting less light. Orange peel is a sign of dry coats.

I ain't no painter.Are you saying I spray the paint on til I get a medium wet look and then let it dry before the next coat?How many coats? 2? Thanks for your help.8)

I ain't no painter.Are you saying I spray the paint on til I get a medium wet look and then let it dry before the next coat?How many coats? 2? Thanks for your help.8)

2 coats should be enough.I dont think you want to build up paint too much inside a taillight,lol.

And yes,how you describe the paint is right.You must have a painter waiting to get out on the inside,lol!! Except dont let the paint dry.Let it "flash off" .The thinner needs time to evaporate,but the paint needs to still be tacky at the time of application for 2nd coat. Test paint tack on a masked surface to avoid touching what you just painted.

Metalic paints often do better when "fogged" on rather than getting in close with the rattle can.Getting too close will give runs in the paint unless your moving very fast.

2 coats should be enough.I dont think you want to build up paint too much inside a taillight,lol.

And yes,how you describe the paint is right.You must have a painter waiting to get out on the inside,lol!! Except dont let the paint dry.Let it "flash off" .The thinner needs time to evaporate,but the paint needs to still be tacky at the time of application for 2nd coat. Test paint tack on a masked surface to avoid touching what you just painted.

Metalic paints often do better when "fogged" on rather than getting in close with the rattle can.Getting too close will give runs in the paint unless your moving very fast.

Thanks,needs,I think I got ya.I will try to make you proud of me,lol.:-D

DRENO(grasshopper)

-
Back