Panhard Bar?Any one using 1?

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
Any of you guys or galls running a panhard bar? I am thinking about doing so on my 72 Dart,so as to keep the tires away from the fenders.They are really close and rub when I turn. I have about 1/2 inch clearance on either side of the rear tire. I am about to rebuild the rear leaf spring bushings with new polyurethane stuff and that no doubt will help ,but was also thinking about the panhard bar as well. So any one out there using one?

Any of you guys or galls running a panhard bar? I am thinking about doing so on my 72 Dart,so as to keep the tires away from the fenders.They are really close and rub when I turn. I have about 1/2 inch clearance on either side of the rear tire. I am about to rebuild the rear leaf spring bushings with new polyurethane stuff and that no doubt will help ,but was also thinking about the panhard bar as well. So any one out there using one?

What size and type of rear tires are you running. The tire carcass flexes over and rubs the leafs. I have 1/2" of clearance and don't rub on the road course or autocross course. BUT I have 245/50/15 ZR rated tires with stiff and short sidwalls.

They are 325/50/15s. They are Hoosier street tire. I have minitubbed and moved the springs under frame rails,so I have room at the springs,but they rub just a little on the upper inner fenders.I have clearanced the inner fenders up high,but still a slight rub.

-
Back