parents, what's your take on this?

-
What does having a neice on a full ride d-3 scholarship have to do with anything? The laywer/parent is a joke and in my opinion the girl should be playing with the girls.. that is why there are girl teams.

Hmm... Sounds like you might be surprised if you played catch with my daughter. She was just clocked throwing a softball overhand at 68 mph. She is also a D-1 committed Big-12 recruit in her junior year of high school.

Some young ladies are very competitive in traditional male sports. Some are not. Weather she is allowed to remain on a team should be the coach's decision. If the parent that was complaining about her being on the team is not happy, take his kid and and his goat smelling butt to another team.

Hmm... Sounds like you might be surprised if you played catch with my daughter. She was just clocked throwing a softball overhand at 68 mph. She is also a D-1 committed Big-12 recruit in her junior year of high school

No offense to your daughter but is she playing D-1 Big 12 mens or ladies softball?

Why was she on the boys team when they had a girls team?

Why do parents insist on forcing girls into boy's leagues when they can play in there own leagues? I don't wanna hear about better competition breeds better play either cause where does the best boy go? Pro? I think not.

Why is it that every other freaking bleeding heart a-hole has to go out of there way to create some controversy just to prove a worthless point?
Make all suffer for one person who ends up suffering the most anyway and probably...more like definitely, was coerced by a parent.

I have three kids and all compete in sports.

I see this stupid shiz from parents all the time.....I sit and bite my tounge.

It's a real shame....makes me loath organized sports more than ever.

I just make sure they are having fun and if it goes south....like my girls soccer league did....then we finish up and go try something else.

My $0.02 rant and not intended to be directed towards anyone on this thread.

Mop

I started this thread not because of the player being a girl, but because the player was deemed by another players parent, to be too poor a player to be playing on this, and I stress this, a HOUSE LEAGUE hockey team. Now, I have some experience, 3 years, player development in baseball and I have seen alot from parents and it doesn't surprise me how this gentleman acted, but what totally caught me off guard was the league's basic non-response to the situation. Having no policy in place for this type situation is at best pathetic for the league. Having no balls to make one to deal with it now is probable reason to get rid of the league board.

jmo

-
Back