Park/ turn light

-

Tony Barracuda

Reaction score
Can anyone tell where the ground wire from park/ turn light housing goes?
I had the harness redone and I know the connectors was there for the ground and now they are gone. Unless he taped it in the harness. Wouldn’t know why, but…
Thanks

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg

On my 72 Dart, the forward light harness is grounded on the engine bay side of the core support beside the radiator on the driver side. Same spot as the negative battery cable.

Yea there is a ground on other side (pic) but I know for sure there was a connector on each of the light housings.
Oh I guess I should have specified 68 Barracuda.

IMG_1742.jpeg

If the housings are attached to plastic the MIGHT need to have a dedicated ground.

Now the pigtail has 2 wires. If the bulb is a single filament bulb (not like a brake / tail light dual filament bulb)

Then one of the wires is most likely the ground.

You can prove this out with a multimeter check each terminal to ground one should be as close to a dead short as your meter will display and the other should have a few ohms if the bulb is installed. And be open if the bulb is not installed.

Do a search. maybe Dana can help with that. I'm pretty sure we posted the assembly drawings of this at some point in the past couple years. Sorry thats the best I can offer right now

Thanks I do have the wiring diagram. I’m just baffled why the connectors would have been removed. I know they were there because I had a hard time getting off the housing. I’m sure I can just make a ground wire, and connect to the housing.

IMG_1382.png

IMG_1381.png

IMG_1383.png

I was suggesting looking for the assembly drawings, not the wiring diagram.
Gotta go.

I think it's clear from the wiring diagram that the housings need to be grounded to function. since the bulbs are a dual filament type.

Btw if it is not grounded you will back feed through the second filament and cause all kinds of odd electrical behaviors

Last edited:
Here's one along with some photos. Some discussion of the parking lamp ground as well

Last edited:
Our 67 doesn't have additional connector on signal housing. Where I'm pointing is where 2 blk/wht tracer wires bolt to rad support.
The 3rd wire/bullet connector is for fender indicators(i believe) which we don't have.
I installed headlight relays as well.
You can see in 2nd pic the empty hole on rad cradle where I had a bolt mounted...for some reason lol.

20240223_100359.jpg

20240223_100428.jpg

-
Back