Parksville Chrysler Mopar show PICTURES

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I attended the Parksville Chrysler Mopar Show today, and got pics of most of the Mopars that showed up. Lots of A bodies, and overall a good turnout! The guys were saying this is the best turnout they've ever had. There were 2 trucks entered in the stock catagory, and I entered the Fargo as one of them. The other was a plain jane 93 Dodge 2wd pickup, 318 auto. He won best stock .. :angry7: . I've never won a trophy in my life, but really? I lost to that? Haha damn.. Oh well, good show either way.

Comoxian (Mark) brought his 65 Dart.

DSC04225.jpg

DSC04226.jpg

65Val (Darwin) brought his 67 Dart GT convert.

DSC04227.jpg

DSC04228.jpg

This was my first time seeing this 70 340 Dart. Rally gauges and all.

DSC04229.jpg

DSC04230.jpg

Peter Wille brought 2 of them, including this GTX and a 68 Dart convert. with a 5.7 Hemi and 5 speed, but I didn't manage to get a pic because people had surrounded it the entire show.

DSC04231.jpg

DSC04232.jpg

DSC04233.jpg

DSC04234.jpg

You can see the truck that won best stock truck to the right..

DSC04235.jpg

You can see the Fargo towering over the other cars there, and for a bit there was a 46 Fargo parked to the left of me.

DSC04236.jpg

DSC04237.jpg

This Charger was an original Hemi car.

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04239.jpg

DSC04242.jpg

Sandy brought his 67 Dart, 408 to the show. He runs 12.5's in the quarter, and did a huge smokey burnout while leaving the show.

DSC04243.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

DSC04245.jpg

DSC04246.jpg

DSC04247.jpg

DSC04248.jpg

DSC04249.jpg

DSC04250.jpg

Tom brought his 68 Barracuda, with the canvas sunroof.

DSC04251.jpg

This is the 70 GT I posted pics of a while ago, where the guy bought it for $2K a few years ago, and since then the body has gotten worse for wear, and he is now asking $15,000 .. for a /6 car .. :read2:
DSC04252.jpg

A very nice early Barracuda with a 340 and fenderwell headers.

DSC04254.jpg

DSC04255.jpg

The woman and her daughter told me they paid $5000 for this 62 Belvedere about 3 months ago, but have been enjoying it. Neat car, interior looks a lot like the interior on my 62 Dart.

DSC04253.jpg

A lot of A bodies were coming out of the garages where it seems like they have been all their lives. This one was 20 minutes away from me and I've never seen it before.

DSC04256.jpg

Moopa (Mark) brought his survivor 69 Charger out.

DSC04257.jpg

DSC04258.jpg

DSC04259.jpg

Trevor Hyggen brought his 69 GTS 383 auto out.

DSC04260.jpg

Another one I haven't ever seen before, and he is from the same small town I am from..

DSC04261.jpg

DSC04262.jpg

DSC04263.jpg

DSC04264.jpg

My cousin Dave took his 72 Duster 360 auto to the show, showing off those nice Cragars I gave him.

DSC04265.jpg

DSC04266.jpg

This thing was LOUD!! I will post 2 videos of it a little later.

DSC04267.jpg

DSC04268.jpg

DSC04269.jpg

Darryl Dalman, the parts guy at our local Chrysler, just had this car painted, and in the past 2 weeks, put it back together enough to bring it down to the show.

DSC04270.jpg

This 70 Superbee is a survivor, and the owner also owns the blue Superbee beside it, as well as a 70 F8 Coronet wagon.

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04272.jpg

DSC04273.jpg

DSC04274.jpg

DSC04276.jpg

A very nice girl had just bought this 68 Fury III, 318 for $500, and since I know where there is a field full of these cars, I guess I'll be taking her out there.

DSC04275.jpg

DSC04277.jpg

DSC04278.jpg

DSC04279.jpg

And finally..

DSC04280.jpg

DSC04281.jpg

DSC04282.jpg

This interior in this Ambassador would give me a headache..

DSC04283.jpg

DSC04284.jpg

DSC04285.jpg

DSC04286.jpg

DSC04287.jpg

DSC04288.jpg

DSC04289.jpg

DSC04290.jpg

Yes, that is moss.

DSC04292.jpg

This late Duster pulled in, and sounded really good. Had 360 badging, and I looked underneath.. ohh still has 7 1/4. Poor guy can't even put his foot to the floor.

DSC04291.jpg

And here are the two videos as mentioned earlier. Haven't watched them yet so sorry if the quality sucks. They were taken on a digital camera.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...le Chrysler/?action=view&current=MOV04240.mp4

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...le Chrysler/?action=view&current=MOV04241.mp4

Why does it have moss on it????

Both were pretty good quality, for a sec I thought it was a video of the blue car on the first one. LOL. That thing is loud!! That lady ran away. LOL Lots of beautiful, beautiful cars!! Not many shows near me often

Great pics Mike some stuff I haven't seen around before ,Don't feel bad about the trophy nobody "wins" anything at that show it's a show and shine with awards given to his buddies , It's not about the trophies it's about seeing the cars and meeting new people ,wish I could have made it but the fish isn't trustworthy enough to go over the Hat right now oh well "Douche Days" drew 900+ cars here in Victoria including some sweet mopar iron {fell in love with a 40 dodge truck } .

Great pics Mike some stuff I haven't seen around before ,Don't feel bad about the trophy nobody "wins" anything at that show it's a show and shine with awards given to his buddies , It's not about the trophies it's about seeing the cars and meeting new people ,wish I could have made it but the fish isn't trustworthy enough to go over the Hat right now oh well "Douche Days" drew 900+ cars here in Victoria including some sweet mopar iron {fell in love with a 40 dodge truck } .

I'm over it, it wasn't a big deal. I've never gone to a show before to win a trophy, I only ever go to see what else is there, and meet new people, and score cheap parts! Haha, but ya. A certain somebody, who doesn't like me or anyone in my family for whatever reason he came up with, has swindled his way into the 'judging' group for that show, and since mine and that early 90's Dodge were the only 2 in the stock truck catagory, he chose the early 90's Dodge just so he didn't have to pick me. It's just how this guy works, so thats the only thing that pissed me off.

Hey Mike great pics thanks for sharing. The last 67 Dart pic, is that Dart a Dark metallic brown like mine, or more black?

It definatly wasn't black, because I noticed it was an unusual colour, so I checked it out closer, but it was hard for me to tell if it was dark metallic brown. Pretty damn close to your colour though.

Why does it have moss on it????

Both were pretty good quality, for a sec I thought it was a video of the blue car on the first one. LOL. That thing is loud!! That lady ran away. LOL Lots of beautiful, beautiful cars!! Not many shows near me often

I have no idea, I never got around to asking him why it had moss on it. It was pretty rusty around the quarters though, and had no floor. My guess is he found it in the bush somewhere and dragged it home and to the show.

As for the videos, glad they turned out alright. It was loud enough that we all had to plug our ears. I didn't notice the lady running away, but I did notice my camera somehow shifted a little, enough to look at that girls bum in her shorts, and then back to the dragster.. hahahah. :toothy10:

You have just single handedly motivated me to get back to the renovation... THANKS!!!
Great pics. Appreciate you taking the time to share.

Mike...thanks for posting the great pics. (You could've skipped the one with my fat a** and belly, y'know!..lol) It was great to meet up with you, and finally meet "Comoxian" and "Moopa" Mark. You're all great guys!!! It was a super show. More cars this year than I can remember ever. Weather was awesome...that reminds me...gotta pick up some Noxema.

That '67 dart that "67DartGT340" asked about ,was black cherry, I think.

I think one of the 2 Mopar dealers in Victoria should try and top that show...if they can!!!

Looks to have been a great show. Great looking cars! Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and the comments about the cars! Awesome job!!

I think one of the 2 Mopar dealers in Victoria should try and top that show...if they can!!!

I don't know what I would take to Victoria if either Mopar dealerships had a show.. The Fargo is the only thing worth entering, but with its 3MPG, it would be a pricey trip.

Thanks for taking a pic of the good side of my car :-D.

OK, I'm not as proficient as Mike with posting pics and comments, so I'll talk first and hope it makes sense with the following pics.

1) The old green truck was found in an oak grove a couple weeks ago or so. It has a flat head, and it purrs like a kitten. It took him a bit to free up the engine, but once it got moving and oiled up, it started right away. Virtually nothing has been done to it since it was found. He also owns a 65 Barracuda and a 65 Valiant vert.

2) Yes, I believe that that Dart is a Black Cherry colour.

3) Here are a few pics of Peter Wille's Dart with the 5.7L Hemi. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't own the gold GTX, but did build the engine. I spoke in length with the owner about his trip last year, and this one.

4) That new blue SuperBee was a complete write-off. He picked it up cheap and spent a lot of time and cash on a rebuild. It is now his wife's daily driver. I'd love to see his Coronet wagon =P~ .

5) Mike, you got jobbed. I didn't look closely at the '83, but seriously, it's just a truck. Your's has character, and vintage. But we did talk about not winning anything just before I left, maybe it was Karma :-D.

And I noticed your video, um, slide down to a more pleasing shot. :love7:

OK, pics.

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2160.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

Mike...thanks for posting the great pics. (You could've skipped the one with my fat a** and belly, y'know!..lol) It was great to meet up with you, and finally meet "Comoxian" and "Moopa" Mark. You're all great guys!!! It was a super show. More cars this year than I can remember ever. Weather was awesome...that reminds me...gotta pick up some Noxema.

That '67 dart that "67DartGT340" asked about ,was black cherry, I think.

Thanks for letting me know 65Val and you to comoxian. The Darts look great boys!

3 65 Darts at one show? Holy cow! mine is usually the only one (around here).

Yeah, it was cool. Mine was the only one last year. And we had that yellow 66 Dart Vert, too.

But, technically, the red one and the black one are Valiants, so mine is the only actual 65 Dart. But still cool. :cheers:

Wow I love car ****! Thanks for showing your pics Mike! After seeing all the car **** pics from other threads,it just makes me want to get my head of my *** and get my projects done.

John

-
Back