part # 9400 moser axle bearing

-

dart gt

Reaction score
I have a 74 Duster that started howling when under load and quite when you let off the gas.Took center section out to check it and found out i had moser axles in the 8 3/4.Now i need to find out if these are the green bearings i hear are no good.There are 355 gears with a shir grip.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank You David

Attachments

• 9400m.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 127
I haven't had any experience with them but, i heard that the green bearings are good only for straight line accelerating, and not intended to go around corners. They will fail prematurely if made to corner hard.
If they fail, the axle will come out of the diff and brutalize anything in it's way!
Maybe get ahold of someone who sells them like moser and see what they think and recommend.
I hope this helps.
Tom.

thanks for the input Dartnut.There are no end play adjuster on either axle so im thinking they might be green brgs.I wonder if you can but the right brgs for these axles.Ill have to call tomorrow.Later David

.............U most likely need pinion bearings.........yes, those r green....if ur not autocrossing, they will b fine........kim........

Yes I'm actually using the same part number from MOSER. they are Green's with the snapring. I have had ZERO issues with them (so far) on my daily driver for the last 3 years of city and highway driving. If they do wear out prematurely I will go back to the Timkin's permanently.

-
Back