Part id, 73 Dart Swinger

-

WmBaldwin57

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this part is and where I can find one? Mine is broke around the inlets. I thought it might be the Fuel vapor canister but now I'm not real sure. Can't find it in my book anywhere...
hope that picture attached

IMG_0765B.JPG

That is a vacuum reservoir. If you cannot find one, a suitable container with similar volume can perform the same function. It allows for vacuum control of the heat and AC without messing with the engine idle.

Page 24-43 of the 1973 FSM.

Hey William, Let me know if you cant find one and i'll fetch one out of the field. They set on the pass side inner fender up near the firewall. See the flange on the bottom. They screw down to the inner fender. Do ya need the screws also?
Let me know.
Small Block

To just block that vacuum line is of no real consequence. All the resivoir does is prevent the servos on the heater case from moving when the vacuum falls.
Under hard throttle the air flow might momentarily switch from heat to defrost.

Since it is not of much consequence I will just fix this one. I removed it from the fender and still have the screws, but Thank You for the offer. I may need some other parts, I seem to be breaking a few :)

-
Back