Part identification needed

-

1964Barracuda

Reaction score
I am in the process of repairing/rebuilding the wiring harnesses on my ’64 Barracuda. Need help identifying this part. It is part of the body wiring harness (wiring in the trunk) and is located just forward of the jack. It appears to be molded over the wires and is part of the wiring loom. What is it? What does it do? Is it necessary? Is a replacement available? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

DSCN1564.JPG

Doubt a replacement is available.

Most likely it is a tab to locate the wire harness and keep it from moving around.

I would suspect there is a tab on the body that will match up to it

I am in the process of repairing/rebuilding the wiring harnesses on my ’64 Barracuda. Need help identifying this part. It is part of the body wiring harness (wiring in the trunk) and is located just forward of the jack. It appears to be molded over the wires and is part of the wiring loom. What is it? What does it do? Is it necessary? Is a replacement available? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

View attachment 1716205844
Ken! What I know of that tab is located on the body wiring harness that goes from the connection beside the hi/lo beam switch on the floor to the lamps at the back of the car. Like Dana67Dart said, it's a tab to hook up the wiring harness on the left side of the truck. You will find a special metal tag there to hold the wiring in place.

-
Back