Part numbers for 70+ non a/c pulleys

-

glhx

Reaction score
ive got the 68 engine front end sitting on my 76 timing chain cover.
Power steering bracket, alternator bracket, water pump, and pulley set is all 1968.
Engine is 76

I would like to convert it back over to the later stuff 70+ And run a denso alternator.
My radiator is passenger side pick up already so I have a adapter to make it drivers side (custom made tube) I want to run a passenger pick up water pump with the original hose.

I want the non a/c pulleys and the correct brackets for the 70+
Any pictures.....part numbers......will help

Which factory pulleys should I use. I don't believe any of the 68 pulleys will work.

Will that line up to the bottom one I have on there now?

Non a/c 68 lower pulley

Can't answer that. Don't wanna give you wrong info on lower pulley. But I'm 100% correct on water pump. Someone else will chime in on that question.

I can tell you for sure that 29518-36 pulley will not work on the short cast iron water pump.That pulley is for aluminum water pumps.If your switching to 70 and up,you will need that 29518-36 pulley,also the 70 + water pump.and the crank pulley,

I'm switching to the aluminum pump.

Pt number for the crank pulley. I have a 70+ timing cover and radiator. So I'm going back to the aluminum set up. Also easier to find the parts for

ive got the 68 engine front end sitting on my 76 timing chain cover.
Power steering bracket, alternator bracket, water pump, and pulley set is all 1968.
Engine is 76

I would like to convert it back over to the later stuff 70+ And run a denso alternator.
My radiator is passenger side pick up already so I have a adapter to make it drivers side (custom made tube) I want to run a passenger pick up water pump with the original hose.

I want the non a/c pulleys and the correct brackets for the 70+
Any pictures.....part numbers......will help

Which factory pulleys should I use. I don't believe any of the 68 pulleys will work.
I know this is an old thread, but I have to make a lower radiator hose on my 71 demon and saw here where you have a custom made tube. Can you share how you made that? Thanks.

-
Back