part out?

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to sell my 1967 dart now for a while.... would it be better off to part it ?

-Cole Quintin

Attachments

• dart10.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 303
  • dart9.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 303
  • dart6.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 317
  • dart4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 280
  • dart.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 292
  • bhby5btv.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 296
Depends on what you're selling it for, I reckon.

Lower the price and help out someone who needs a project. Save the car.

Wouldn't part it out. Lower the price a little. Maybe some lucky kid will have enough for it!

All good advice unless its your car!Looks like a nice little car and the price is already cheap but it would part more than that price!

If it's solid underneath, no way should you part it. They don't make these cars anymore, I know we can't save em all, but ............

How long have you had it listed? 6 weeks.

Try doubling what you're asking and see what happens. Had a '79 1/2 Ton Dodge 2wd SWB with no rust (or motor) for $350, and it got no calls. Relisted at $750 and people fought over it.

If it runs and drives I would keep it intact and try to sell it whole. If it has major mechanical or just rotted out then think about parting it.

To me it looks to be a fairly solid car and I think it would sell fast in this area for that price.

If you were closer to Michigan, I would've already bought that car! Keep it intact, it will sell now that the holiday has passed!! Geof

Hold on to it for a bit. By spring people will want it. I was just looking at it this morning. If you were closer I would have bought it. Just too far for some of us. Price is right just bad time to sell. I have a set of spindles and brakes I tried to sell recently for 50.00 and no one even responded. People were paying 100.00 for the spindles alone just a month ago. Selling around the holidays always sucks IMO. Don't part the car. Too many are parted now days I think.

like he said...... sometimes people relate price to quality..... price it too low and people will assume it has rotten frame, bad engine, etc......

also realize the time of year has a lot to do with lower end cars. xmas just robbed lots of people of any disposable cash.... many go into credit card debt too!! rich people always have plenty of ready cash,,, BUT they seldom buy slant a bodies! LOL

most of us hate to see a car parts that can be put back on the road....but you have probably noticed just watching activity on FABO that parts sell a lot faster than projects!!???

ya got to know the market in your area...... and know how far people are willing to drive to go after a project...

I notice it needs a fender and door?? if you don't have parts on hand to fix it, helps to have source for those parts..... but be careful bout putting all needed parts in a pile to go with it!

we offer advice hoping to be of some help....... ya might have to sit on it for awhile.....

do not know what your ebay auction ended at-- but you've quoted $1500 takes it somewhere.

you still have it-- timing is everything.

it is up to you on parting it out--- do you want to re-coup your investment quickly or can you wait a bit & see if some one comes along & takes the whole thing.
If you part it you should clear $1500-- with a bucket seat/console car.
Slant related stuff IE-engine, brakes,k,tranny bring minimal $$ to 0.

Good luck in your decision there are a lot of 67 collectors looking for parts.
Lawrence

there you go $1200--why are you charging a premium to FABO members but will pay ebay fees & take less?

Man, if I wasn't so deep into mine, I would go get it. I love the 67-69's! Look like baby Road chickens! Just be patient. Or, maybe it's a sign that you should keep it. Either way, good luck.

-
Back