Part Source & Other Info

-

mrgem

Reaction score
I own a 66 Dart GT Convertible with a 273 4V (Charger) and an automatic. I've had the car since 1989, and have spent many, many hours in salvage yards and at swap meets back during the 90s looking for bits and pieces to bring the car back to its original condition.

The car was delivered with the "Deluxe" steering wheel (woodgrain) that was common to sporty Darts, Cudas, and even Chargers and other B-bodies back in the day. However, I pulled the wheel off when I first bought the car, since it was missing its horn button/center emblem. I replaced it with a non-correct Standard wheel from a 67 Dart so I can have a functioning horn. I even have an extra one for a cuda, but it has the Plymouth emblem, not the correct Dodge.

Some years ago, I did find a center emblem from a 67 Dart with the woodgrain wheel, but it is taller and padded (in order to conform with Gov't regulations. So I never put it on the car.

I've never seen one of these in a yard -- they were unique from 64-66 (chrome, rather than padded), but am hoping I run into one some day. I live in Colorado, and have gone as far as attending the Mopar event at Carlisle in search of one. No luck so far.

Any idea of where the best source might be. This is one of the few remaining pieces I don't have to put the car back together. I could use the 67 emblem/button, but really don't want to.

Now for my second request: The guy who bought my 1965 Barracuda Formula S a few years ago needs some info regarding the A-904 in the car. He's doing the nostalgic drag racing circuit in the Southeast, and wants to put a high-stall converter in the car. I had the tranny rebuilt years ago, and know that it is somewhat unique to early V8 A-bodies, so I wasn't sure how to answer his question.

Here it is -- I hope someone can give me the correct info to pass on:
"I need to know the size of the torque converter pilot input.
I also need the number of splines, 19 or 24.
I also need to know if the starter ring gear teeth are the fine or coarse teeth.
"

Thanks in advance for your help on both of these.

Welcome to the site! So you are looking for the chrome horn button with the Dodge logo? Those seem to be harder to find but you should post an ad in the "parts wanted" section, I bet someone here has one. Ebay is also a good place to look, I have seen them there before too. My dad has a 1966 Plymouth Satellite with the deluxe woodgrained wheel, his has thast "padded" horn button you mentioned too, I think it is correct for his car but the chrome one looks better!

Thanks. I will put a part wanted notice there. I've seen a few of the wheels on eBay, but always with the Valiant/Cuda button - rather than the dodge.

Thanks. I'll pass that on to Bob, the guy that bought my Formula S.

-
Back