Part throttle kickdown setup.

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
I am building a 904/999 geared tranny for a mild street 318. I am on the hunt for the correct kickdown parts that are used on the valve body.

All of the ones that I have are the type that have some aluminum sandwiched between the valve body and a steel plate. IIRC the one I want is a single aluminum casting.

I got a couple of questions:
Will the single piece kickdown assembly work on any valve body and transmission?

Does anybody know of a vendor that sells the correct stuff?

Thanks.

I got one from these folks: [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Torqueflite-727-904-PART-THROTTLE-3-2-Kickdown-Parts-KIT-1967-Valve-Bodies-/221481617503?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item339155485f&vxp=mtr"]Torqueflite 727 904 Part Throttle 3 2 Kickdown Parts Kit 1967 Valve Bodies | eBay[/ame]

Check with Pat Blais (TF Patty on Ebay as 64Dart mentioned). He is a TF guru. There are only two styles of PTK valves - and each is quite different. It will depend on which year valve body you have.

I got one from him and added it to a '68 727 - works great. He's very helpful and generous with his knowledge.

Check with Pat Blais (TF Patty on Ebay as 64Dart mentioned). He is a TF guru. There are only two styles of PTK valves - and each is quite different. It will depend on which year valve body you have.

I got one from him and added it to a '68 727 - works great. He's very helpful and generous with his knowledge.

Time to resurrect an old thread.
I need a part throttle body for my A500.
I'm building an A500-42RH from an '89 Dakota to put in my dart.
In the process of installing a Transgo TFOD-HD2 shift kit, I got to page 4 and realized my valve body does not have a PT Body on it. Called Transgo, they couldn't believe it, since part throttle kickdown has been around since '76 or so. He gave me some changes I need to do to my transgo install if I want to proceed, but I wont have "part throttle kickdown".
So, I want to add it.
Anyway, I cant seem to find the parts anywhere online, I can't find ebay user TF Patty as mentioned above.
I'd really like to add the PT body to my valve body before I go any further with my build.
Any ideas ?

Talked to Pat a few years ago and he said he was ready to retire - which it too bad for the the rest of us.

More info on the valves here: Jeff's 727 rebuild thread

I see an early style aftermarket one from A&A Trans for $95 727 3-2 Kick Down Module (1966-69) - A&A Transmissions

Same thing I heard from Pat awhile back when I was looking for one for my 904.
I will say though, with the TF2 kit I have zero complaints about the 3-2 kickdown of the A500.

So just to be clear as possible, your VB doesn't have this peice?
Just the steel cover with the 3 screws, but not the little aluminum part behind it?

A500.jpg

Same thing I heard from Pat awhile back when I was looking for one for my 904.
I will say though, with the TF2 kit I have zero complaints about the 3-2 kickdown of the A500.

So just to be clear as possible, your VB doesn't have this peice?
Just the steel cover with the 3 screws, but not the little aluminum part behind it?

View attachment 1715382992
That is correct, it only has the steel plate with 3 screws. No pt body. See picture below.

IMG_20190821_113707751.jpg

That is correct, it only has the steel plate with 3 screws. No pt body. See picture below.

View attachment 1715382994

Oh, that's so weird.
I have to wonder if someone removed it to use on something else, but they would have had to put the plate back on with the shorter screws like a non PT 904 or 727.
The other halve of the valve body has the electrical stand that goes up through the case though?

This is an RE body, but the RH still has this electrical connector (but with only 3 pins)

P1274012.jpg

Oh, that's so weird.
I have to wonder if someone removed it to use on something else, but they would have had to put the plate back on with the shorter screws like a non PT 904 or 727.
The other halve of the valve body has the electrical stand that goes up through the case though?

This is an RE body, but the RH still has this electrical connector (but with only 3 pins)

View attachment 1715382999
Yes, it has the two solinoids for o/d and lockup, and the the 3 pin connector that sticks up through the case.

Up till you posted it was just one Mopar guy helping another Mopar guy with a valve body problem.:D
There's a lot of those "hey I have one of those I will sell you" posts in non-sale threads. I often look the other way.

There's a lot of those "hey I have one of those I will sell you" posts in non-sale threads. I often look the other way.

What else would they do?
Do they then agree the guy that needs the part go make a wanted add, and then send a link to the guy that has it and then go from there?

Or private message the person so no one else knows he's getting what he needs?

Am I missing something?

What else would they do?
Do they then agree the guy that needs the part go make a wanted add, and then send a link to the guy that has it and then go from there?

Or private message the person so no one else knows he's getting what he needs?

Am I missing something?
Private message without an announcement in the thread is the best way to do it. Often times like in this thread, the original poster is just looking for information about a particular part. I often suggest early in the thread that the op start a wanted ad. In a perfect FABO world every part that is needed starts out as a wanted ad and every part that is sold starts as a sale ad. What goes on behind the scenes is unknown to the public but then there is no written record of the transaction if it goes bad. It's just rule following and moderator stuff.

Private message without an announcement in the thread is the best way to do it. Often times like in this thread, the original poster is just looking for information about a particular part. I often suggest early in the thread that the op start a wanted ad. In a perfect FABO world every part that is needed starts out as a wanted ad and every part that is sold starts as a sale ad. What goes on behind the scenes is unknown to the public but then there is no written record of the transaction if it goes bad. It's just rule following and moderator stuff.

Well then, it's a good thing you look the other way sometimes.:D

-
Back