Parting out A-Bodies

-
AMD could do like ABS (Auto Body Specialties does with their rear quarter panels. They produce the fender without a hole for the 67 and provide instructions on how to reproduce the hole or rectangle. If you're in the process of restoring a Barracuda, you should not have an issue with creating the hole or rectangle.
And as I said before , AMD does not need to buy a die that will 1,000,000 parts. There are dies made that much cheap and will produce a quality part. 20,000 pairs of fenders made would allow the owners/builders able to keep their cars an not make this rich man's game.
I seriously doubt there are 20,000 people out there needing 64-66 cuda fenders.

I got real lucky with my build. I talked to AMD when they had a sale on '68 rear quarter panels. I got the last set they had before going to the generic version without running light holes. AMD installed them and the rear valance all for a reasonable price. Shipping the car from Denver to Atlanta was only $1600 so that was worth it. As the 'Cuda is black, the body work had to be perfect and new fenders were the only way to go as my car had multiple hits in each rear quarter over the 54 years I have owned it. But the sheet metal was the cheap part. The body work and paint at $600/gal was far more expensive than metal work.

View attachment 1716229053
Sadly one reason I got rid of my matching # 1968 Formula S as a roller - could not fine quarter panels in the 80's and my right side was caved in from bumper to door.

-
Back