Parts all mixed up!

-
Reaction score
I have a 72 dart and I got all the parts for my front disk swap off of a 75 dart. I took everything apart for the disk brakes, cleaned them up and bought new parts. Now I have a pile of parts and am not sure which side goes where. Spindles - how do you tell driver from passenger side? Calipers - go on the front or back? (all I know is bleeder goes up) Tried looking it up on the net but I've seen them every which way and I want to do it the right way. I have some more questions but this is a start.

the only thing that you really want to pay attention to is the upper control arms. . Calipers are forward mounted, so the spindle will make sense with that in mind. lower control arms should only go one way. sway bar tabs to the front.

If you want to put it together exactly like factory on a 73 up ( caliper forward ), you could use that models service manual as a guide.
If you have the earlier sway bar and need to relocate the caliper support to the rear of the spindle you can do that too. The single part that will need to be different from 73 correct is the flexible fluid lines.
Bottom line ... either way stops the car.

Got the rotors and calipers mounted and I notice that my old hard brake line mounts on the back side of the brakes and my caliper is mounted forward so do I need the 75 soft brake line or something else? I also got the hard brake lines off the 75 but I'm not sure they will fit (think I broke one side). Sorry phone is broken so no pics.

The flexible line routes sort of diagonally from the lower back of the caliper to the hard line connection.

-
Back