Parts and a Dishwasher

-

adamm

Reaction score
Anyone ever washed their car parts in a dishwasher? I have some hard to clean parts that have been soaked several times, cleaned with a nylon wheel, and hosed down but still have some stuff I can't get to well. Hood springs, hood latch, trunk latch. If so, did it work?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Hmmm, are you married by any chance? If so, I would recommend running it by her. I am pretty sure u know the answer I would get....

I just use some industrial purple degreaser and scrub brush in the kitchen sink. I don't think a dishwasher would do a better job than a scrub brush.

It sounds like an expensive way to get parts clean. You have to consider that your wife will end up getting half of those parts in the divorce settlement.

It works put you have to fill the dish washer with gasoline or laquer thinner

- And please wait until the life insurance policy that I'm going to take out on you takes effect...

Yes it works, but I wouldn't put anything too greasy or oily in there. It won't dissolve/remove wheel bearing grease or 90 weight gear oil, for example.

The really heavily soiled stuff you have to put in the clothes washer.

This actually worked well for me, but when I put them in the dryer, I damaged my carburetor, I think the heads may have tumbled around in there and busted up the carb.

Have not heard back from the OP ADAMM on this thread. Maybe my advice to ask his wife first did not work out. What I meant to say is ask for forgiveness afterwards....

Do you eat dinner off of plates or hub caps??? LOL!!!

His car is so clean, that you can eat off of it.... LOL!!!

This actually worked well for me, but when I put them in the dryer, I damaged my carburetor, I think the heads may have tumbled around in there and busted up the carb.

This wouldn't happen if you remember to add the softener in the rinse cycle.

I put the Dart's main dash harness in the dish washer when the wife wasn't home. It did a great job of cleaning it up before I went through and repaired it. I also put my Challenger seat belts in an old pillow case and threw them in the washing machine. They came out looking great.

Anyone ever washed their car parts in a dishwasher? I have some hard to clean parts that have been soaked several times, cleaned with a nylon wheel, and hosed down but still have some stuff I can't get to well. Hood springs, hood latch, trunk latch. If so, did it work?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Is this your wife?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0p0fwdBboE&list=FLnyFdJ0yvWD1JAvFVNZKqrw&index=64"]Washing the Car FAIL - YouTube[/ame]

I have access to this one at work. It's basically a big steel dishwasher with a rotating tub and sprayers on top and bottom. It has it's own heater and a skimmer that takes the oil off the top. Put stuff in, add soap, set the timer, come back in a hour or two if needed! Can't beat the name either.

20131114_071803_zps8ca1360f.jpg

20131114_071648_zpsed176824.jpg

Stuff comes out so clean you could eat off of it.

Clean your parts like I do- Ive got a 5lbs vibrating tumbler for polishing ammo, wlanut shell media and a cap ful of brasso. I run it overnight and all the grime, paint, rust, and anything else not metal is gone. Works wonders on small parts, latches etc. Anything bigger than that Ive got a stainless steel sink next to my shop I fill with simple green and leave it soaking for a day then pressure wash the goo off of it.

I have access to this one at work. It's basically a big steel dishwasher with a rotating tub and sprayers on top and bottom. It has it's own heater and a skimmer that takes the oil off the top. Put stuff in, add soap, set the timer, come back in a hour or two if needed! Can't beat the name either.

Stuff comes out so clean you could eat off of it.

How do you stack the plates?

-
Back