Parts Cache

-
Round 2… not as many big parts with this one but lots of good little stuff.

IMG_7083.jpeg

IMG_7084.jpeg

IMG_7085.jpeg

IMG_7088.jpeg

IMG_7091.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

IMG_7094.jpeg

IMG_7098.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg

IMG_7084.jpeg

More. New scat 4in crank, new old school TA converter 3k stall and old school Hughes 3k converter. Brand new W2 heads, 1 set of ported SB heads and 1 set BB (906? I believe) heads. New headers, 6 pack center carbs, 6 pack intakes (one BB and one SB)

I need another shelf I think?

IMG_7099.jpeg

IMG_7100.jpeg

IMG_7101.jpeg

IMG_7102.jpeg

IMG_7104.jpeg

IMG_7107.jpeg

IMG_7108.jpeg

IMG_7109.jpeg

IMG_7110.jpeg

Yep chance of a lifetime! Congrats those are some nice pieces! Kneck Snapper lol

Yeah I definitely see why he said this is the stuff he kept for himself. It’s all in perfect or near new/perfect condition. I’m not even sure what I will do with it all yet.

I am for sure feeling super lucky to of randomly met the guy, and very blessed to of been in a position to purchase it all. It wasn’t the best time to buy it as I just got a couple things the past 2 months….

I met him by responding to and buying a 50 dollar 6 pack air cleaner base… nothing expensive super nice, just thought it would be a cool wall ornament. He said he had a bunch of parts he wanted to get rid of all at once, I gave him my number and 2 months later and a random phone call from an unknown number and here we are…

That 2nd picture is almost 11 years ago. My son was just born and I spent just under a month in the hospital. Emergency heart surgery where they told my wife I wouldn’t have made it if she didn’t get me there when she did… after that, got my *** back in school while working full time, then to dental school and here we are.

IMG_6117.png

IMG_6180.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! Great story!
Yeah I definitely see why he said this is the stuff he kept for himself. It’s all in perfect or near new/perfect condition. I’m not even sure what I will do with it all yet.

I am for sure feeling super lucky to of randomly met the guy, and very blessed to of been in a position to purchase it all. It wasn’t the best time to buy it as I just got a couple things the past 2 months….

I met him by responding to and buying a 50 dollar 6 pack air cleaner base… nothing expensive super nice, just thought it would be a cool wall ornament. He said he had a bunch of parts he wanted to get rid of all at once, I gave him my number and 2 months later and a random phone call from an unknown number and here we are…

That 2nd picture is almost 11 years ago. My son was just born and I spent just under a month in the hospital. Emergency heart surgery where they told my wife I wouldn’t have made it if she didn’t get me there when she did… after that, got my *** back in school while working full time, then to dental school and here we are.

View attachment 1716242553

View attachment 1716242554

You are loaded to the gills you can only go up from here trust me you deep in the game now!! Nice Shot

Doc,
As you go to stash all this stuff, especially stuff that you REALLY want dry, our local hardware store sells really heavy giant zip loc brand sealable bags. Big enough to fit an intake manifold in the bottom.

Man I would have driven down to help just to see all of that in person. Good deals have a way of finding good people. Congrats!

Been following this, great score. For the money and the amount of "good stuff," I think if you decide to sell some you will recoup your money easily.

As @str12-340 stated, be sure to store it all correctly. I for one can attest to what parts sitting in a non-temp control garage will end up like. My FIL had stuff in his garage for 50+ years and if he had taken the time to store it correctly it would have been a gold mine.....................Good luck and again great parts haul.

Doc,
As you go to stash all this stuff, especially stuff that you REALLY want dry, our local hardware store sells really heavy giant zip loc brand sealable bags. Big enough to fit an intake manifold in the bottom.

I’ll go get some this week and maybe put them in. The guy put most of the manifolds in trash bags and then tied them up. I assume that is how he has been storing them in his insulated but not temp controlled shop the past 11 years.

Been following this, great score. For the money and the amount of "good stuff," I think if you decide to sell some you will recoup your money easily.

As @str12-340 stated, be sure to store it all correctly. I for one can attest to what parts sitting in a non-temp control garage will end up like. My FIL had stuff in his garage for 50+ years and if he had taken the time to store it correctly it would have been a gold mine.....................Good luck and again great parts haul.

I am going to have to start a “how to store all this ****” thread next i guess? :rofl:

Doc....congrats on the great score! Here's an idea about sealing up things that might rust if stored long term. My wife has a kitchen do dad called a Food Saver. It's a vacuum pack thingy that you put food in thick plastic bags and it sucks the air out of the bag and then heat seals the end so no moisture or air can get in. Works great for its intended purpose, but might just be the ticket for parts that would fit in any of the wide variety of bag sizes. Other stuff that wouldn't fit, you could spray with some stuff called Fluid Film. It's in most auto parts stores in the chemicals section. If I get brave enough to test my wife's Food Saver on parts....I'll let you know how it does!

While you are putting it away take a quick cell phone picture of every item. If possible fill in a spread sheet for the item too. But nowadays taking a picture is quicker, so you can make that first priority.

Just like the simple quick pics like you posted above. One per item is fine. The key is quick. Maybe you are already doing this?

At some point you will forget what you have. Starting a spread sheet will allow you to put a what you think it's work now. Or slowly work on that. Then when you are ready to sell pieces you have a great head start.

Last edited:
-
Back