Parts Find - What's it worth

-

BDR67CUDA

Reaction score
The other day the wife and I were driving around and I went by this guys shed and he had the doors open and I saw the rear end of a 69 Cuda. So I stopped and talked to him. He has a bunch of parts for sale, he wants me to come back and make an offer. There is a 69 cuda fastback 340 4spd 8 3/4 rear, factory disc brakes, no motor but does have tranny and hurst shifter, tach, bench seat. Grills no good missing hood scoops. Rust on fenders and bottom of quarters, needs full resto. He also has a 67 fastback 8 3/4 rear auto someone converted to 4 spd no motor/tranny, missing seats, driver side fender gone. He thinks he has the front grills and the metal frame. He also has couple of a body 4 spd sitting around, couple extra 67-9 cuda doors, maybe a hood or two. He has a pile of 8 3/4 rears sitting there some a body and a few he thinks are 65 b body rears. And a mess of other parts I didn't get to see as the wife didn't enjoy looking at car parts and digging through his dusty sheds too much.

I know everyone hates to say what something is worth without pictures but I didn't have anything with me to take any pictures with, I just happened to be going by his place at the right time, had no idea all of this stuff was there. He wants me to make him a reasonable offer on a bunch of his parts. I have never bought/sold parts before and am not sure what to offer him for all of it and the two cars. I think he may have another older Plymouth/Dodge too, but I didn't get to see them. Thought if I could get a bunch for a fair price I would buy it and take what I need for my 67 and put the rest up here for sale, just don't want to see it go to a crusher as he is cleaning the whole place out, since he is thinking about selling the property.

Thoughts/comments? I'm not really sure what to offer for this stuff, the cars have some salvageable parts but are pretty rough, I would hate to part the 69 cuda since it's a 340 4spd car.

340 4 speed bench seat 69 fb would be a good one to save. The real question would be which do you finish first, the 67 you have or the 69 ? You still may not have every part needed to finish either car. You'll definitely have some things to sell or trade.
From my pocket without seeing... To buy it all, 1/2 again what its worth at the scrap scales. Only plus comes from nice trim ( like grilles ) he can produce.

Parting out cars, selling then packing and shipping parts takes a lot of effort and time. So it's easy to over pay for a bunch of stuff that you have to get rid of. A 8 3/4 is worth about $500 but are you prepared to do what it takes to sell and maybe ship one? Seems like he needs help getting rid of this stuff and it could be beneficial for both of you.

First You need to figure out what you want need from this guy and make sure you get it. As for anything else unless it is NOS or exceptionally nice there may not be to much interest, hey everyone has used beat-up stuff.

-
Back