Parts for winter install

-
Anyone else have alot of stuff lined up for winter to install???

Front drums to '68 GTS front brake set up with four piston calipars, 8 3/4 with 3:91 SG, frame tied. have all of the pieces to do the job.......just need time. Enjoying the car like it is this summer........It's already a blast to drive.

Picture 018.jpg

090730190301.jpg

nope standard la block. Poly won't fit to well unless you drop it in from a 3rd floor window.
From the net,
The LA 318 was a 318 cu in (5.2 L) relative of the A 318 (poly). Like the A 318, it has a larger bore at 3.91 in (99 mm) as well as a stroke of 3.31 in (84 mm). It appeared shortly after the 273, in 1967, and proved tremendously successful. A version of this engine was available until 1991 when its was superseded by the Magnum version (See below). It used hydraulic lifters and a two barrel carburetor for most of its production, though four-barrel Carter Thermo-Quad and Rochester Quadrajet carburetors were used in police applications starting in 1978. The 318 received roller lifters and a fast-burn cylinder head in 1985, and throttle-body electronic fuel injection for truck applications starting in 1988.

winter? What is winter?
I have a 63 Valiant wagon to get back on. No parts really needed that I know of. I just want to get it back on the street. Lots of rust removal and panel replacement needed.

I now have the rotating assembly for my 408, so it should be going together sometime in the next month or so. Just need to figure out what I want for a cam, and heads.

Still waiting to hear about an 8.75" housing that another yard has, then I can get the axles and pumpkin.

Have the frame connectors all ready to install.

It could be a busy winter.

From the net,
The LA 318 was a 318 cu in (5.2 L) relative of the A 318 (poly). Like the A 318, it has a larger bore at 3.91 in (99 mm) as well as a stroke of 3.31 in (84 mm). It appeared shortly after the 273, in 1967, and proved tremendously successful. A version of this engine was available until 1991 when its was superseded by the Magnum version (See below). It used hydraulic lifters and a two barrel carburetor for most of its production, though four-barrel Carter Thermo-Quad and Rochester Quadrajet carburetors were used in police applications starting in 1978. The 318 received roller lifters and a fast-burn cylinder head in 1985, and throttle-body electronic fuel injection for truck applications starting in 1988.

Actually there were some LA 318's in late 66 trucks.

I'm not too excited for the possibility of winter so I'm in denial. However, trying to do the spring relocation on my 66 Val, with the subframe connectors next followed by some floor patching and mini tubs. Anybody got some good floors in a parts car?
My 72 Dart is getting subframe connectors, and when I've saved enough pennies, the roll cage. Its going to be a drag car and I hope to have it on the track next spring.

UPDATE: it's not winter yet, but this week I'll be installing a throttle cable, intake manifold bypass hose fitting (if i can find one, i keep blowing money on this adventure!) and a floor shifter that I just purchased from a fellow FABO member :cheers:

-
Back