Parts interchange?

-

jasonhensley

Reaction score
I'm starting work on my 73 Scamp and I'm looking at doing a front brake conversion. I have a complete front disc brake set up off a 78 Dodge Aspen will it work? Also have the booster and master cylinder will it work? I also have the rear end from the 78 Aspen will it bolt in and work proper? Help:banghead::prayer::newb:

Hi what power steering pump would I be able to use that has the larger sector shaft?eg 6cyl pump? ebody pump? would any of theses work> Thanks

Nothing from the volare will help except calipers and caliper brackets

Huh???
I have used the spindles rotors calipers and caliper brackets from m/j bodies no problems. you will need 73 up A body hoses and upper control arms and lower ball joints to complete the swap.

Huh???
I have used the spindles rotors calipers and caliper brackets from m/j bodies no problems. you will need 73 up A body hoses and upper control arms and lower ball joints to complete the swap.

Read those things.

I use nothing but the Volare/FMJ style spindles anymore.

You will need 73-76 A body BBJ upper control arm or the sleeve adapter Dr. Diff sells to use your existing upper. The Volare upper does you no good.

73-76 A Body Lower ball joint required as well.

IMO, don't bother with the bigger 11.75 rotor unless you are corner burning. It's an absolute waste of effort on these cars. The std 10.87/11" rotor does the job just fine.

Read those things.

I use nothing but the Volare/FMJ style spindles anymore.

You will need 73-76 A body BBJ upper control arm or the sleeve adapter Dr. Diff sells to use your existing upper. The Volare upper does you no good.

73-76 A Body Lower ball joint required as well.

IMO, don't bother with the bigger 11.75 rotor unless you are corner burning. It's an absolute waste of effort on these cars. The std 10.87/11" rotor does the job just fine.
Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to the part? I checked out the Dr. Diff site and could not find the sleeve adapaters? Help!:prayer:

Hi what power steering pump would I be able to use that has the larger sector shaft?eg 6cyl pump? ebody pump? would any of theses work> Thanks
The sector shaft is on the power steering gear. Is that what you are asking about? Your 1973 gear should be the larger sector shaft. As I understand, there were only two Mopar power gears on cars thru the 80's - the small sector shaft one in 62-72 A-bodies and the large sector gear in everything else (B, E, C-bodies, 73+ A-bodies).

The power pump doesn't matter as long as the brackets fit your engine, the pulleys align, and you have hoses that match the fittings at both ends. None of that is simple and many combinations. Best to fix the power steering setup you have.

Huh???
I have used the spindles rotors calipers and caliper brackets from M/J bodies no problems. you will need 73 up A body hoses and upper control arms and lower ball joints to complete the swap.

The spindles are 2 inches taller and make the upper and lower control arms not parralel.

Aspens are F bodys not M or J bodies

The spindles are 2 inches taller and make the upper and lower control arms not parralel.

Aspens are F bodys not M or J bodies

Hmmmm Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought all stock spindles are identical from F, M, J, R, 73+ B bodies were identical... at least all the ones I have seen are about 3/8" taller than A & E body spindles. I have never seen one from one of these bodies 2" taller... perhaps from a C body or a Van/Truck

-
Back