Parts list for 65 Dart? need screws

-

paulclark

Early A fanatic
Reaction score
is there such a thing as a parts list or diagram for an Early A-body?

I need to assemble the front sheet metal of my 65 Dart - grille and panels, and a bunch of it is held together with screws, which are long gone. Would like to get the same fasteners so i'm not stripping any holes out. Thanks in advance for clues!

You can buy all of the fasteners in complete assemblies from Penstar Productions! They have specific assemblies, such as just the grille, or they have complete assemblies such as all of the outside fasteners! The bigger assemblies all come with the smaller groups in seperate labeled baggies, so there's no doubt as to where they go! You can buy just about anything you need!!!

The 1965 Dodge service manual should show exactly where & how all the fasteners and panels go together.

cosgig - Penstar looks great! Wish they had coverage of pre-66 models, unless I overlooked them.

SSVDP - the service manuals I have (63, 64) show general assembly and procedures but don't include a parts list with specs for what the fasteners are. I don't want to be guessing especially where sheet metal screws are concerned.

Looks like I need a copy of the factory parts manual, got one on order now. Will report back with details.

The 65 FSM doesn't show what size the fasteners are either. Best would be to bag and tag everything as it is removed. And I suspect different assembly plants may have even used some nuts/bolts that were somewhat different that another plant LA versus Detroit for example. As I began disassembling the front clip of my wagon, I labeled all the fasteners (grille, fender, bumper braces, etc) and each were bagged and tagged. I have since cleaned all the fasteners and either painted them or sent them to Eric Manuel in OH (highly recommended by Ulf) where he did the correct black phosphate finish (grille bolts for example). If you are working on grille bolts, send me a PM and I'll check the size/length of mine (which was a LA- built wagon). Same for fender bolts or whatever you working on.

I sure wish the previous owner had kept the hardware. All I have is a pile of sheet metal. Trying to determine what screws will put it back together.

-
Back