Parts List for front suspension rebuild

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I am getting together a parts list for my front suspension rebuild, which I am hoping will happen this winter. Can you take a look at my list and make sure I didn't miss anything?

All Moog Part numbers.

Upper ball joint x2

Lower ball joint x2

upper control arm bushings

Strut rod bushings

Lower control arm bushings

control arm bumpers upper and lower

Upper cam bolts

PST has a front end kit with all of the parts. I don't know if they are good or not, maybe someone will chime in about them. I was going to order the kit from them for my Duster this winter.

PST has a front end kit with all of the parts. I don't know if they are good or not, maybe someone will chime in about them. I was going to order the kit from them for my Duster this winter.

I found some reviews online that said the PST kit was junk. I know others have used them here, but I figured I would just buy all moog parts and be done with it.

I'd throw new wheel bearings & seals and rebuild calipers (if disc) while I was in there. New torsion bar boots too. Small money items...

I bought all mine thru Rockauto for a great price! Might be worth a look

thats where i got everything when i did jamies dart..

1F606339-79F6-4DDE-85FA-0ADE5519512A.jpg

I just went all through it earlier this week to compare the prices at Rock Auto, Summit, NAPA and PST. Going all Moog at Rock Auto was by far the least expensive for the parts themselves. I didn't check shipping yet though. I know summit will have free shipping with orders over $100 and Rock Auto will not. That's my next step to check that. But as an example:
Lower ball joints Moog K785 Rock $69.79 Summit $81.97
Upper Ball Joints Moog K704 Rock $32.79 Summit $37.97
Pitman Arm Moog 7074 Rock $66.89 Summit $77.97
Rock is $3 cheaper on all the control arm bushings and cheaper on every part on my list.

With that said, there are some heavy parts in this order so I know Rock is going to rock me on the shipping. I'm going to put together an order with Rock next weekend and see where the shipping calculates out to. Time is money and I've taken time to do all this but I've done it for pleasure too. Gives me a chance to become more familiar with my plan. My personal list is:
  1. Lower ball joints
  2. Upper ball joints
  3. LCA bushings
  4. UCA offset bushings
  5. UCA cam bolts
  6. Outer tie rod ends
  7. Inner tie rod ends
  8. Tie rod sleeves
  9. Idler arm
  10. Pitman arm
  11. UCA bumpers
  12. LCA bumpers
  13. Sway bar kit with bushings (I bought a used set of LCA's with the factory sway bar tabs)
  14. Shocks

I might buy a pitman arm puller too for $40-50. It's so much easier when using them over some of other pullers that have broken in the process. Sometimes spending a little money on the right tool is well worth the saved aggravation and eventually getting it done with the wrong tool. Some pitman arms might just as well be welded to the shaft.

I used pst got everything with free shipping for 396.00 after member discount. I have used them on 3 different cars never had a problem. Ordered last one on Tuesday got it on Thursday.

I am getting ready to order. Rock Auto seems to be the best place. I have a few questions on kits.

Do I need two sets of K791 (Lower control arm bushings) or will one kit do both sides?

Also the upper cam bolts K8243A will one do both sides?

And the Control Arm Bumpers, I see two part numbers but not sure which is correct K3180; 57293. (70 Dart)

Thanks again everyone.

OK here is my actual list in the cart. I think I have covered everything I need. I am just not sure if I have accidentally doubled something that may come in a set.

Upper ball joint x2
Lower Ball joint x2
Upper control arm bushings x 2
Lower control arm bushings x 2

Strut rod bushing kit

Control arm bumpers x 2 (upper)
Control arm bumpers x 2 (lower)

Cam bolt kit x 2

Total price including shipping $334 with the 5% discount. Thoughts?

It looks good,but are you gonna do all that work and not change out the inner and outer tie rods and sleeves or have you already done it? Also keep in mind Summit will match anybody and you have free shipping.

It looks good,but are you gonna do all that work and not change out the inner and outer tie rods and sleeves or have you already done it? Also keep in mind Summit will match anybody and you have free shipping.

Inner and outer tie rods & sleeves have been replaced when I first got the car. I forgot about Summit matching, I wonder if they will match the discount code also.

I just chatted with Summit customer service and they matched the Rock Auto price with the discount and free shipping.

Summit FTW.

-
Back