parts list for swap ?

-
J par..... we were just helping you with your list that you asked for.. :) I guess now you are going 360?

Yes definitely thank you everybody for helping me with this list of things that needs to make it happen! And please don't count me out for doing this in the future by a long shot. I still have a small block and automatic to build for that 41 Studebaker! And that would be real nice and I would definitely leave the fuel management system and serpentine belt in that for sure. That's going to have all the modern conveniences in it. But right now for the intent and purpose I basically bought that 360 more or less good to go for $250 basically the price of an intake manifold for the swap let alone having to take it out of my good running Durango and all the other skippity Doo. Again don't count me out and thank you very much for everybody that helped!! this case is closed for now though....at least for me. Now, I'm not afraid to learn more or anything like that that's for sure. If someone has something to add to make this swap in the future easier like - still there the question of the alternator and having to figure those wires out or what would be cool is a three-way plug it in or something I don't know?

J par..... we were just helping you with your list that you asked for.. :) I guess now you are going 360?

The alternator wires up the same, batt terminal and 2 field wires. It will charge with the original mopar regulator. The durango oil pan fits trucks perfectly too, for future reference.

The alternator wires up the same, batt terminal and 2 field wires. It will charge with the original mopar regulator. The durango oil pan fits trucks perfectly too, for future reference.
If somebody dropped the mag in using the mag alternator, is that ok with the original wiring on the truck? Don't the mag alt kick out a lot more ?

Yes, the heavy charge wire would need to be upgraded, and the amp meter bypass would be a good idea as well. The wiring remains the same though

If it wires the same this seems as it would be the regulators problem to deql with the extra juice ?

If somebody dropped the mag in using the mag alternator, is that ok with the original wiring on the truck? Don't the mag alt kick out a lot more ?

No, it's the extra amperage the alternator puts out at full load....

-
Back